• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Well I can tell you about mine. Six-position stock. Railed upper. Magpul MBUS pop-up rear sight. A2 front post sight. Standard hand guard. 1/8 twist. So so trigger. The only thing it doesn't have is a dust cover, which kinda sucks, but I'm not taking it to war or anything so it's not a big deal I guess. I love mine. Just ordered a bunch of toys for it too, quad rail, new stock, scope. What exactly are you wanting to do with it?

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    This is a great entry level AR for the $500-600 price point. Another $400 could get you into a Colt (what all AR's are judged by) but, you really cant go wrong with the newer S&W AR's. Their earlier M&P AR's had some issues with quality if I remember correctly but, now that S&W is tooled up to make just about all their parts in house, they quality has increased quite a bit.

as for the dust cover, it is really only used when storing the gun or long periods between shooting sessions. to me, the AR looks weird without one but, it is mostly for show anyway with what we use our rifles for.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    oh, research any accessories you want to add to your rifle as well. avoid UTG, NC Star and crap like that. it will only cheapen the rifle and more than likely leave you with a bad experience using the stuff. Conversely, I wouldn't go dropping a $300 Daniel Defense rail on it either. A good red dot or 1-4x scope would sit well on top of your new rifle. Check out Primary Arms for optics, they have really nice, high quality stuff priced very reasonably.

I HIGHLY recommend a Hogue grip as your first upgrade, you will not be disappointed. they are usually $25 or so new but, you can find them quite often in the $10-15 range used.

I'd also avoid the quad rail as most of the rail will not be used and adds unnecessary weight to the rifle. instead, try out a modular rail like the Magpul MOE forerail that will allow you to add rail sections where you want them saving tons of weight.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    by "tons" I mean ounces.

old saying, "ounces equal pounds, pounds equal pain." I know youre looking for a range gun and weight wont be an issue but, why increase the weight if you don't have to?

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    cool. and welcome to INGO.

watch out for cheap Chinese crap out there. Ebay is filthy with it. Gun shows are as well.

there are plenty of places to learn about the platform. I'd suggest this website for a small, friendly and VERY knowledgeable forum on the AR:

www.AR15ChatterBox.com

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    My AR is an M & P sport. Great rifle and more accurate with iron sights than I am. Never had a bad round through it.

savage308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Ft. Wayne
    This is a great entry level AR for the $500-600 price point. Another $400 could get you into a Colt (what all AR's are judged by) but, you really cant go wrong with the newer S&W AR's. Their earlier M&P AR's had some issues with quality if I remember correctly but, now that S&W is tooled up to make just about all their parts in house, they quality has increased quite a bit.

as for the dust cover, it is really only used when storing the gun or long periods between shooting sessions. to me, the AR looks weird without one but, it is mostly for show anyway with what we use our rifles for.

I need to shop where you are. All the lgs around here have them around 730.00 plus or minus a few dollars.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    ya, that may be with LEO/Mil discount, sorry. but still, at $700 this is a pretty good deal on this rifle. just make sure it's a newer rifle and not one of the older models that's been sitting on a shelf.

Top Bottom