• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel Jack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    North Liberty
    Now that's funny.I thought I had it corrected in time.Guess not.Thanks.Where could any hc spikes be had?

If you're ever in my neck of the woods, i've got 1000's out in the barn. Literally 1000's. Ranging from near new, to heavily pitted (I use the pitted ones when teaching folks to shape steel). No charge.

I may even still have a few sections of rail you could grind down into a makeshift anvil. I prefer mine heavier but a lot of port-a-smiths keep one in the truck for travel.

CESaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2017
    PBurg
    UPDATE:

I was able to locate an individual whom no one, NO ONE could remember from a public demonstration 1 yr. ago. Funny thing is, he literally lived in the same town and was doing a demo again/same event. :rolleyes:

As soon as I was able to break away from my task there, I headed his way. HOLY CRAP can this guy do some nice work !!

Anyhow, I offered up my inventory of "scrap" and he said "I dunno what it would be worth". I replied, "I'll help you load it." The smile on his face was payment enough ! :D

Next day, I brought by a few 1-1/2", .055" thick blades in case he wanted different material to forge. The man was extremely grateful.

Top Bottom