• ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Guess who's going to SMKW next week?

That's right... THIS GUY! :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

I'll have to hide a knife purchase on the CC...to include in "vacation expenses". LOL

-J-

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Guess who's going to SMKW next week?

That's right... THIS GUY! :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

I'll have to hide a knife purchase on the CC...to include in "vacation expenses". LOL

-J-

:rockwoot:

That's one of the coolest place to go "look" at knives. I actually PM'd KnifeLady from there to check pricing on a knife that she beat pretty well. Unless you want it right then, you might try the same

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    :rockwoot:

That's one of the coolest place to go "look" at knives. I actually PM'd KnifeLady from there to check pricing on a knife that she beat pretty well. Unless you want it right then, you might try the same

I ain't got fancy mobile technology like that, though...

*sigh*

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    A phone would probably still work :D

That place is HUGE though, have fun down there!

I've been once! Couldn't spend as much time there as I'd wanted, though. We were on our way home and needed to get on the road.

Phones work too...correct. Perhaps I should PM Brad (I'd be looking at a folder if I shop for one) and ask for a Tx number...

-J-

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I've been once! Couldn't spend as much time there as I'd wanted, though. We were on our way home and needed to get on the road.

Phones work too...correct. Perhaps I should PM Brad (I'd be looking at a folder if I shop for one) and ask for a Tx number...

-J-

Yep, I think I looked around for a few hours and it still wasn't enough time to look at everything. They have a display downstairs of the different improvised shivs that have been found in jails. Pretty neat to see what has been used and can be used.

Hope you get to spend a ton of time there!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My wife thought she would hate it and her and my 7 year old went back twice with me. (Daughter liked the Bears singing "Rocky Top"). Last year I bought strands of African trade beads to give to the twentysomething female liberal hippies in the family for Christmas (or as they call it "Winter Solstice:rolleyes:) and meteorites, jade horses, sharks teeth, and mini balls for the male twentysomething conservative rednecks in the family. The stuff is dirt cheap and you see people selling it on ebay all the time for double what he has on it. I asked the guy down there about the prices being so low and he said the owner sells them for enough to cover his trips. Nice neolithic points from the Sahara. It's pretty cool. Oh yeah, and SMKW has got a few knives there as well.:D

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I've been there before too. Fun place but you need to know what things are worth. My son ended up getting a really nice "King Aurthur" type wall hanger that was priced better than most places on line. There's actually lots of things for the ladies to look at too!

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    They do have higher prices since they have a higher overhead with paying for that nice building.:D

Enjoy yourself down there and try to take enough time to look at everything. Even if you do not buy then at least write down what you were interested in and compare prices. Actually you can even start comparing prices now from their website.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    They do have higher prices since they have a higher overhead with paying for that nice building.:D

Enjoy yourself down there and try to take enough time to look at everything. Even if you do not buy then at least write down what you were interested in and compare prices. Actually you can even start comparing prices now from their website.

I just PM'd your hubby with a few price quotes. :D

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    We were down there Labor day weekend, and traffic was so bad we wound up taking the back roads out of Gatlinburg. I had planned on stopping at SMKW on the way out, just didn't get the time. We're going back in December, and I plan on making the stop on our way in. Always wanted to go, just never have actually got to do it.

Top Bottom