• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    I was at the gun range recently. I will not name the range, due to its popularity, but I was shooting and my wife made a remark about smelling marijuana. So i look over and see a couple jokers toking up right there in front of everyone. I'm not a drug user, nor do I condone it. So i packed up my stuff and left. There was no range officer there and these guys were just going willy nilly with their firearms. I am not about to be there when they barrel brush someone and their weapon goes off because they are dumb. I told the guy at the front dest, hopefully he took care of it. I wouldnt know. I didnt stick around.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Huh? Nobody is going to smoke a joint on the firing line. Not at any public, patrolled range anyway.

Spring the details... or I'm calling BS.

Last edited:

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I have my own dopey dopers story to tell. A few years ago a nearby police department was called to a domestic in a trailer court. While investigating the officers noticed the smell of burnt pot in the air. A couple trailers down some people were watching what was going on while getting high.
    Common sense is not common anymore.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Okay, great post. Thanks for letting us know.

Laugh out loud.

At least tell us where you were! My :twocents: I would have gone up to them and asked them to take their asses else where. I don't want some lowlifes ruining my range time or possibly shutting down the range due to their activities.

I was at the range on Wednesday with my 15 year old brother....I would flip my sh*t if these tools where doing this while him and I were there.

I don't care what you ingest into your body but doing it in public + while operating firearms crosses the line PERIOD.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Was it this guy?

7ff5b4d2.jpg

662ac72c.jpg

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I experienced similar.... at Dons guns, from an employee. But he smoked weed before walking into work and onto the range. Must be safe then.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Not trying to justify your post but how familiar are you (or your wife) with the smell of marijuana?

I've known many to easily confuse it with the smell of certain cigars and to be frank,
    Rolling your own cigarettes is becoming a trending 'hobby', if you will... meaning it could've been anything.

- Sure. Even Marijuana.

Just curious, though. Again, if it's a particular popular gun range that people frequent,
    I have trouble comprehending a couple guys doing this at a gun range carelessly...

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    Its a pain in the arse to shoot tight groups when the old glaucoma is flaring up. My bad I didnt even know I was on the range yet. I thought that I was still in the van until some dude that worked there was all like, "hey man, hey bro, dude, you know you totally are smokin up my rizange and its creating a bit of like a harsh on our range mellos" I was like," uh....uh....ha,ha,haha. Dude, man, I totally thought I was still in the Mystery Van, my bad bro" so anyway after gettin my smoke on my eyes were better and it was time for class 3 full auto baby.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Its a pain in the arse to shoot tight groups when the old glaucoma is flaring up. My bad I didnt even know I was on the range yet. I thought that I was still in the van until some dude that worked there was all like, "hey man, hey bro, dude, you know you totally are smokin up my rizange and its creating a bit of like a harsh on our range mellos" I was like," uh....uh....ha,ha,haha. Dude, man, I totally thought I was still in the Mystery Van, my bad bro" so anyway after gettin my smoke on my eyes were better and it was time for class 3 full auto baby.

Dammit man! You are supposed to start a "I was smoking pot at the range and some a-hole told the range officer" thread!:):

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I've smoked rolled cigarette in zig zags and prerolled gambler tubes.

ZZ papers STINK. Might have been that. Pot smells good, it's the paper that makes them smell skunky.

Also, pot doesnt make you an idiot or irrational. It actually creates focus and relaxation. If they were being stupid, odds are their gene pool is shallow or they laced it.

Regardless of it being illegal, pot is less harmful than alcohol...and it's effects are far less severe. When I smoked, I was more able to function than when I am drunk...the same goes for everyone I know who has ever toked that I have spoken to.

Regardless, if they were smoking, it was pretty stupid.

Top Bottom