• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Here you go Thunder chicken, one is your friend one might not be. GO!

FE514F93-46B6-4CC4-8596-1BF64FDB502E_zpsznfsgybo.jpg

5006F31B-5CED-47B8-A1E1-2AC89CC540AE_zpshhwqbhbb.jpg

Top is a king snake bottom is a copperhead...what's next cow tipping?
    Look y'all don't have to agree with my position on snakes and that's fine. At first I simply chimed in, in agreeing with some others who had mentioned they too hate snakes. IMHO it's no big deal...it's not like I see or kill snakes on a daily or weekly basis

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Good job on the ID, Eastern Milksnake on top, which is is a king snake, Copperhead on the bottom. Caught both in the same weekend.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'm with you. Whenever I'm running around the woods or yard waving my gun around, I always do it responsibly. :):

Remember Box to be careful doing that...The Mason jar of bourbon and ice can spill.....:)

Our rule is any copperheads around the house will be sent to snake heaven...(Autistic daughter + loves animals=dead copperhead) However, any rat snakes, corn snakes, garter snakes etc....are welcomed with open arms....We got a six foot black rat snake that her (or her progeny) has stood guard over our country home for the past five years....

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Another non-venomous snake that I have not seen mentioned here that is indigenous/ native to Indiana is the Hog Nose snake. It looks almost identical to a Rattle snake and has the ability to actually rattle like one. However, when threatened it will/can swell its head like a cobra or roll over on its back and play dead. I am not a snake expert as I got this info at the Indiana State Fair from the Indiana DNR folks there.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    what I think is funny. when hog nose snake is playing dead. Roll it over and it will quickly roll back on its back and act dead mouth open and tongue hanging out.
    The first time i seen a hog nose. when I was about to pick it up. it razed up and flatten it head. I took off in a flash. I thought it was a cobra.
    My scout master took my hand and showed me that there was no problem and told me it was not a cobra.

Top Bottom