• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rw496

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lake County
    I was just sitting here looking at the active calls about 1:00 a.m. This city is out of control. Cops are quitting, and its basically lawless. I expect the national guard will have to be called out at some point. The shots fired actually ended up being a third homicide, and then I got in pursuit of a stolen vehicle

20150811_010557.jpg

mondomojo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2015
    India-no-place
    I was born in Gary in the 60s but wouldn't go back for a 3 second visit now. Gary is a great example of what poverty and hopelessness breeds. What an incredible crap-hole of crime.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I was just sitting here looking at the active calls about 1:00 a.m. This city is out of control. Cops are quitting, and its basically lawless. I expect the national guard will have to be called out at some point. The shots fired actually ended up being a third homicide, and then I got in pursuit of a stolen vehicle

View attachment 40582
    Are you a member of the GPD?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I think I heard Schererville is hiring also.

I'm glad I left my job in Gary when I did. For 30 years, I was never afraid to go to work, but that was starting to change, so last year I walked away.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Poverty always follows crime. The last time Gary, Indiana even remotely controlled crime was when organized crime kept the punk thugs at bay with a heavy hand. This allowed normal citizens and local business to prosper. (admittedly, the local business paid a street tax, but they did get benefit) The Feds cleared the organized crime bosses out and walked away, leaving the city to be picked over by every low life street thug and doper gang. Failure to control crime ressulted in more crime, more poverty, more crime.....Throwing money at poverty does not stop crime.

My family has fled Gary, Whiting, Hammond, Chicago, Cook County and other once productive areas. Lafayette is not looking too good lately. It is well past time for the productive citizens to take their country back. The biggest hinderance is our PC worshipping government.

rw496

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lake County
    When I say that was a snapshot, I mean it. Those were just ACTIVE calls around 1:00 a.m. As soon as those are cleared, other just like them pop up. Lake County is stepping up patrols, but doesn't have the manpower either. I don't think it is a good idea to take a bunch of troopers from southern Indiana and throw them in an unfamiliar area that is basically a war zone. Honestly, I don't think any number of police would make a difference. As for me, I already have my exit strategy in place..

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    When I say that was a snapshot, I mean it. Those were just ACTIVE calls around 1:00 a.m. As soon as those are cleared, other just like them pop up. Lake County is stepping up patrols, but doesn't have the manpower either. I don't think it is a good idea to take a bunch of troopers from southern Indiana and throw them in an unfamiliar area that is basically a war zone. Honestly, I don't think any number of police would make a difference. As for me, I already have my exit strategy in place..

Thanks for this. I work at the hospital up there (GFZ) as soon as I find a good holster, I'm carrying. Thanks for your service.

devious169

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Earth and you?
    Bottom line inner city police officers are UNDERPAID! I feel for you and your fellow officers working in such a cesspool. Thanks for doing what you do.

Top Bottom