• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    Picked up a Kahr CM9 yesterday and have been researching different types of holsters. I have never carried [concealed or otherwise] and don't really know which direction to go, IWB, pocket, or something like the Sneaky Pete. I can see IWB being a problem when driving, same with a pocket holster. This looks like a good alternative. Any feedback or suggestions from your own experiences?

Amazon.com: Kahr CM9 Sneaky Pete Holster (Belt Clip): Sports & Outdoors

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Looks like it would go great with a Star Trek Uniform :D

p128_21_opannendof1stseason.jpg

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I dont know. I have a feeling it would draw undue attention. I think people would be pointing to it and asking, what is that?

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I don't know... I'm thinking the only-reason-to-be for the micro 9's are as a pocket-holster gun. If you are going to do IWB, OWB, tricorder-case, then you are better served with a somewhat larger gun that is easier to handle.

Don't get me wrong... just a month ago I was deciding between a Kahr CM9, Sig 290 and a Beretta Nano for pocket-holster duty. If I'm going to go IWB/OWB/external holster, I'll do a mid-size 45 or double-stack 9.

Check out desantis nemesis and the superfly. Maybe the remora.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I don't know... I'm thinking the only-reason-to-be for the micro 9's are as a pocket-holster gun. If you are going to do IWB, OWB, tricorder-case, then you are better served with a somewhat larger gun that is easier to handle.

If I'm going to go IWB/OWB/external holster, I'll do a mid-size 45 or double-stack 9.

My thoughts as well.

You can comfortably carry a double stack 9mm/40 or a decent sized .45 IWB in a hybrid holster.

If I had a CM9, I'd be looking for a way to pocket carry it.

I can see IWB being a problem when driving, same with a pocket holster.

Is your concern being able to draw, or comfort, or both?

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    If you get a nice IWB with a good belt driving really isn't that much of a comfort issue. I carry a 19 or 26 with a comptac mtac for a couple hours at a time driving and its pretty comfortable.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Nothing sneaky about that. People will wonder WTF you have there when you reach in your pocket to grab your phone.. They will ask questions.. or just think your some kinda weirdo.. I know I would find it odd... I was considering this holster, but came to the previous conclusion..
    really the cm9 really isn't much larger than the p380. Its pretty close to pocket duty. I wouldn't go any smaller than say a Kahr k9 or CW9 for in the waste band.. that is just me though..

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Clearly that is a murse. Yanno, a man-satchel.

FYI - I can see four dudes in that picture... Scotty, Spock, Kirk and some non-descript extra. Twenty bucks says the non-descript extra died some horrible freakin' death on that away mission.

andfc

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Indianapolis
    In regards to the original question about how to carry - I started out carrying strong side IWB, and I still prefer it. Raven Concealment is my first choice, but you might not want to go without a holster for a few months while you wait for one. You can't go wrong with an MTAC Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster - very comfortable and well-made, and their production time is pretty fast. With something as small as your CM9 you won't be worried about printing like you would be with a bigger gun.

A lot of people seem to be going to appendix IWB, but I haven't found a way to make it work for me. You might give that a shot and see if you like it.

I also did pocket carry for awhile, and I used a DeSantis Superfly. It was nice, but I have a strong preference for kydex and I think now I would use one of these if I opted for a pocket holster Front Pocket Holster » Alabama Holster Company - Concealment Products That "Just Plain Work"

Other people might have certain holsters they like, but I'd stay away from most of the common stuff in gun stores - Fobus, Uncle Mikes, Blackhawk, etc. I do think Blade-tech, Galco and DeSantis have some good options that I've come across, although for the price of their nicer stuff I'd go with something like an MTAC.

You're going to have to try out a few different things and see what works and what's comfortable. Just make sure that with whatever you try, you have the trigger guard securely covered - especially in your pocket.

Good luck!

I got caught up in Star Trek purse fashion when I first saw this thread, my apologies.

Top Bottom