1929.gif

Just read through the whole thread....wow

kris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Home
    Found this thread after ordering the Sneaky Pete for my P290. After receiving the holster, I was a little concerned about how safe it is to actually use as a holster. The quality of the product sucks (the inside molding of the holster is just cardboard) and it doesn't even fit my gun properly; and yes, I double and triple checked to ensure I chose the correct holster and configuration for my gun.

On top of these major issues are the concept of a complete OWB conceal holster altogether. The idea is great, but this execution is horrible. The pictures make the holster look great, but it is really huge. There is no way anybody would pass this thing off as a large phone case, even for a small pocket pistol. Secondly, the draw is impossible. If it is that difficult to draw with a clear mind after practice, imagine if you actually had to use your gun in a use of force incident. You would be fumbling all over yourself and could even get yourself killed.

I have tried contacting Sneaky Pete four times over the past week and few days. I filled out the form on their website twice, tried calling them, and sent them a direct e-mail. NOTHING. I just want to return the holster for my money back. DON'T BUY A HOLSTER FROM SNEAKY PETE! This vendor is corrupt and has no desire to make customers happy. Their website might as well say "ALL SALES ARE FINAL". If you look at his "About Us" page on their website, his number 12 topic of things we need to know is "We want you to be happy. We're small but we'll try hard to put a smile on your face." What he means is "Thanks for your money. Now, p**s" off."

If I don't hear from them by the end of the day today, I am going to go through Paypal to try to get my money back.

I wish I would have found this thread before I ordered, but the topic is pretty new.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I appreciate getting this info on Sneaky Pete holsters, I was thinking about ordering one, but not anymore. I guess the name says it all.
    This is the great thing about INGO. Many of the members are willing to share their experiences, and I thank them for that.:ingo:

Gunads

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Clearwater
    I LOVE Laser sights!

The customers gun is not the issue, getting the wrong holster is. This type of thinking just iritates me. He's not asking if he should have the holster because that is what he already has chosen.

I can't believe the guy keeps saying he should take the laser sight off the gun! Doesn't he get it? The guy ordered the holster to fit that gun with THAT sight! Why is he expressing his personal opinions about laser sights? AND he says its OK with him if the gun owner only uses the laser as a "backup" to the gun's sights!!! I agree that it is all Sneaky Pete's fault! They did NOT sen the holster that the man ordered.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    actually, thanks to the new guy who revived this thread from the dead. It was a roller-coaster of a read. :):

I liked act 2 when the lawyer from PA pops up with all sorts of moot information about Col. Cooper and Commies and then claims fraud because the holster doesn't work for med / large pistols (gee, no kidding!) and is awkward.

Caveat Emptor.

poberly

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 25, 2013
    NW Indiana
    So all the lawyer talk confused me. Because the owner of Sneaky Pete is Russian, the people of the magazine hold his products to a higher standard? That makes a ton of sense.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    actually, thanks to the new guy who revived this thread from the dead. It was a roller-coaster of a read. :):

I liked act 2 when the lawyer from PA pops up with all sorts of moot information about Col. Cooper and Commies and then claims fraud because the holster doesn't work for med / large pistols (gee, no kidding!) and is awkward.

Caveat Emptor.
    Yep, looks like we picked up more than one, 1 post wonders in this thread...

SSGT Rock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Dallas
    Read the instructions.
    I too ordered a holster from Sneaky Pete. I recieved exactly what I ordered and a very nice product with the exception that it was left handed and I ordered right handed.
    The only thing different is that I read the returns policies prior to contacting them and followed the instructions. Withn 24 hrs I was contacted by a very nice person that offered to replace the holster with the correct item and include a pre-paid return for the incorrect item.
    I feel that the customer service at Sneaky Petes handled the situation in a Polite, Timely, and Professional manner.
    Sometimes mistakes are made by companies, and people, even me. The difference in a good experience and a bad one is often how the parties handle it. I always start out nice because I too have made at least one mistake in my profession. I have found if a mistake is made and you handle it with understanding instead of contempt your understanding is appreciated and reciprocated.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Read the instructions.
    I too ordered a holster from Sneaky Pete. I recieved exactly what I ordered and a very nice product with the exception that it was left handed and I ordered right handed.
    The only thing different is that I read the returns policies prior to contacting them and followed the instructions. Withn 24 hrs I was contacted by a very nice person that offered to replace the holster with the correct item and include a pre-paid return for the incorrect item.
    I feel that the customer service at Sneaky Petes handled the situation in a Polite, Timely, and Professional manner.
    Sometimes mistakes are made by companies, and people, even me. The difference in a good experience and a bad one is often how the parties handle it. I always start out nice because I too have made at least one mistake in my profession. I have found if a mistake is made and you handle it with understanding instead of contempt your understanding is appreciated and reciprocated.
    Glad it worked out for you. Since your new, welcome. Go to the greetings section and introduce yourself, we're glad to have you aboard.

Renegade1978

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Porter
    Read the instructions.

I wish I had your luck. I ordered a left-handed one and got a right-handed one. I contacted them 3 times using their "Customer Support Suite" and got absolutely no response whatsoever. I am pursuing legal action.

Jerry111

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Dunedin
    I came upon this Forum and Web Page after a search for "Sneaky Pete Holsters" to see if they could be purchased for a lower cost elsewhere than the Sneaky Pete Web Site.

I was astounded and amazed at the amount of negative reviews of this item. I have had a Black Sneaky Pete Holster for my Springfield/Armory XDs 9mm for 6 months and never considered it defective in allowing me to draw the weapon easily as I have done multiple times at the range. I never considered it cumbersome or potentially harmful to myself. I have just ordered the same holster in Brown. Perhaps I am paranoid because of the number of "home invasions" but I carry the weapon in my Sneaky Pete Holster even in the house. My daughter's family was visiting and no one (daughter, son-in-law, grandchildren) ever queried me about it or what is that big black "thing" you have on your belt that looks like an over-sized cell phone case. If I had read all these reviews prior to my first purchase I never would have purchased it. I hope that the attorney's statement that it would be easy for someone to take it from me is incorrect. Only time will determine the answer to that question. I use it mainly because I live in Florida and my clothing are usually shorts and a tee shirt or collared shirt. I have another holster which I am able to use in the Winter but still feel comfortable with the Sneaky Pete Holster all the time. The real issue is "Customer Service". You do not build a loyal customer base by mistreating your customers. If I had a problem with the Holster and encountered all the difficulties described I would never buy from them again. So, here is hoping that my order placed today will arrive with the proper equipment.

Top Bottom