• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Alfordsville
    I have never felt the need to hide a purchase from my domestic supervisor. She really doesn't care what I drag home just as she knows she has free reign to buy whatever she wishes. We both know what our bills are and how much we want to put back for savings and retirement etc. However, I do think she would mind if she believed that I felt I had to hide something from her. I guess for us it is kind of a trust thing.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    My wife knows all that I have and does like to give me a hard time about it. I was keeping the 380EZ a secret because it was for her. This morning she shared this with me...

ObWimvQ.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8620.jpg
      IMG_8620.jpg
      197.9 KB · Views: 3

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I have no problems, if I see a firearm I want at a decent price I buy it period! I retired several years ago, had no bills and a decent savings, IRA, and fair bank balance. My retirement income is as much after taxes as when I worked. Wife buys what she wants as do I! She does ask what I bought when I return from a gun show, but never gives me any grief. She has asked me to buy her a few guns (which I did) although she won't go shooting with me. When Mosins were under $100, I bought several at various gun shows, son and I were checking dates of manufacture and one had the year of her birth - she appropriated that one!

Mangledman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Veedersburg
    Honesty is still not outdated. From one end to the other. Buying a box of bullets to a priceless collectors item, if it doesn't take away from the family, or whatever, girst off why are you feeling guilty? Lying, deceiving, and being vague, are dishonest, and pave the way for teaching "This is acceptable behavior in your marriage". Straight up, you have hobbies and expenses, and so does She. Whether it is a $10.00 box o bullets, or $10 grand for whatever, you will do without. We all make mistakes, spend too much here or there, and do things HUMAN. This is what I am gonna do or did is far better than apologizing! We are talking about items of self protection, or putting food on the table, if it turns out to be a mistake, fix it and move on.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    You guys are bad for my conscious. Full disclosure came as she watched me install a new scope on her Henry .22 She could have cared less. We laughed about my sneaky sneaky post. "Fits my hand well" was a sentence she uttered at one point.

Took it to the range today. Sweeeet little pea flinger. 7yd off-hand target, 3 mags.
    773bec3f5998d1fb01a1e3329eb30640.jpg
    771df1cde57af11f6a796b89f11637f0.jpg

Top Bottom