Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    So, according to this:

DAY4_POP_filled.gif

1397254_687000974664030_130286655_o.png

We've got a great chance of preceip this weekend, and a lot of the models are pointing at snow. May happen that way, may not, but something to think about and get ready for. Looks like the worst of anything will be along and south of a line from Greensburg>Columbus>Lake Monroe>Washington (where they don't need a snow storm). Even if it turns out to be a dusting, never hurts to be prepared.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    And the kaleidoscope on the map makes sense to anyone.....:dunno:

Sorry, weather nerd. I sometimes forget that not everyone understands model outbputs. The top one is a map of precip possibilities for a given time frame. In this case, it is for the time frame around 12:00 UTC Friday the 9th (7am EST). The bottom one is possible snowfall amounts based off of several model runs combined for about the same period.

And yes, it is way to early to say who will get what. The south may get spared and Central Indiana gets punked. But it is the first possibility of the season, so all the better to get ahead of things and be ready.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wife and I make bets about the snowfall. WE have watched huge storms come across from the west and be on track to pound indy. Then, about Danville or so they either split and by-pass us or miss us completely.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Breaking News

This just in... Winter is here and there is a chance of snow the next few months.

Or if you tune into the local forecast... Buy bread, milk and eggs... The sky is falling!!!

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Snow shmoe, it can't snow this weekend, I've got a roof that needs cleaned off and a load of firewood to haul to my moms and stack!

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I just went to Kroger and bought up all .22 caliber bread, .22 caliber milk, AND all the .22 caliber eggs....I will OWN the .22 caliber French Toast market!!

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I just went to Kroger and bought up all .22 caliber bread, .22 caliber milk, AND all the .22 caliber eggs....I will OWN the .22 caliber French Toast market!!
    It won't matter when your .22 caliber power is out, so you might as well sell it all to me at a deep discount:p

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I enjoy when it snows lightly and everyone on the road turn into complete morons like they've never seen it before. Grocery shelves also go bare. I'm surprised most people around here remember to breath.

Top Bottom