• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Personally, if the weather is bad enough that I feel the need to have studs or chains, I will stay home. I drive an hour one way in good weather. i am not going to turn it into a 3 hour each way ordeal dicking with slick roads and stupid people. I have a F250 4x4 with a power stroke diesel and serious off road/mud/snow tires. The kind that make road noise that will bore a hole in your brain after an hour long drive... it's not worth your life folks. It's just a job. The part that sucks is getting stuck AT work. That is where things quickly go to hell in my life...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If you are only going to do two tires, regardless of FWD or RWD, the newer tires should always go in the rear. However, ideally, it is best to always put four tires on when possible, especially specialty tires like snows.

I agree with the Subaru remark.

44718_10151509594081851_267135986_n.jpg

Nice Suby! Ours is identical except for the color. The cars are pretty hard to beat in the snow. I've driven through snow deep enough to be plowed by the front bumper and the car did fine. During one particularly bad winter, our streets had only a single lane plowed down the middle with room for only one lane of traffic in two ruts. Sure enough, another car was coming the other way so I just popped the Suby up and over the plowed ridge until the other car crept by and it pulled back up and over the pile of snow as if it were nothing. Every fall, I tell myself that it's time to sell the Subaru, but every spring I find myself wondering how you could live without one when the snow is deep.

BTW, what kind of lift are you running on your Sube?

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Nice Suby! Ours is identical except for the color. The cars are pretty hard to beat in the snow. I've driven through snow deep enough to be plowed by the front bumper and the car did fine. During one particularly bad winter, our streets had only a single lane plowed down the middle with room for only one lane of traffic in two ruts. Sure enough, another car was coming the other way so I just popped the Suby up and over the plowed ridge until the other car crept by and it pulled back up and over the pile of snow as if it were nothing. Every fall, I tell myself that it's time to sell the Subaru, but every spring I find myself wondering how you could live without one when the snow is deep.

BTW, what kind of lift are you running on your Sube?

Forester struts and springs.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Another option for truck owners: the military is getting rid of tons of Hmmwv wheels and tires. Kevlar reinforced, two piece rims and runflat inserts. The tires alone are 750 each from tirerack last time I checked. You can get them
    for 100$ or so.

Top Bottom