• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I just dropped activated light sticks around the house incase the power goes out tonight and someone needs to see to go to the bathroom or to get out in an emergency. Stay safe!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I just dropped activated light sticks around the house incase the power goes out tonight and someone needs to see to go to the bathroom or to get out in an emergency. Stay safe!
    I'm still burning the Y2K lamp oil and got a buddy heater running. Six hours now without power. Surfing INGO on the Nexus 7 using the phone as a hotspot.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    I'm still burning the Y2K lamp oil and got a buddy heater running. Six hours now without power. Surfing INGO on the Nexus 7 using the phone as a hotspot.
    I've been thinking about getting the Mr. Heater Big Buddy for a while now. Just ordered it off of amazon now because I know it could come in very handy one of these day!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Damn bro sorry. Yesterday I Prepped the kerosene heaters just in case. Also the camping lanterns and battery powered lights. The genny gets fired up once a week during the winter.
    Trickle charged the car battery all day just as a precaution. Now I'm thinking I should have left it on through the night.

This would be a good time to test out some winter gear. Maybe tomorrow.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've been thinking about getting the Mr. Heater Big Buddy for a while now. Just ordered it off of amazon now because I know it could come in very handy one of these day!
    The big buddy is serving me well. It does suck down the propane though.
    Damn bro sorry. Yesterday I Prepped the kerosene heaters just in case. Also the camping lanterns and battery powered lights. The genny gets fired up once a week during the winter.
    Trickle charged the car battery all day just as a precaution. Now I'm thinking I should have left it on through the night.

This would be a good time to test out some winter gear. Maybe tomorrow.
    I have a Coleman lantern on in another room for heat. I'm hoping to leave the K1 heater out in storage, but I'll drag it out if this goes on too long. Yes, this has been a gear test. So far so good.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    We have almost 3ft drifts in the back yard. Heard on the scanner a city plow got stuck on the side of the road and that police cars cant move because there is snow up to the bumpers. A police officer was sent to a papa johns, I guess management said if the drivers didn't deliver they would be fired the cops seemed pretty ticked off about it and told them to cancel all deliveries for driver safety. While i was in the garage a delivery woman got stuck in front of our house my dad and 3 neighbors dug and pushed her car out while she walked 2 blocks to deliver the pizza...that girl deserves an award.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We have almost 3ft drifts in the back yard. Heard on the scanner a city plow got stuck on the side of the road and that police cars cant move because there is snow up to the bumpers. A police officer was sent to a papa johns, I guess management said if the drivers didn't deliver they would be fired the cops seemed pretty ticked off about it and told them to cancel all deliveries for driver safety. While i was in the garage a delivery woman got stuck in front of our house my dad and 3 neighbors dug and pushed her car out while she walked 2 blocks to deliver the pizza...that girl deserves an award.
    . The owner or manager needs punted in the face for risking his employees lives.
    3' drifts?! Daaaaaaamn!

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    The police were super mad about it all I think i even heard a bit of cussing over the radio. If I would have known about the girl that got stuck in front of our house I would have scrounged up some money as a tip even though we weren't the customers because walking 2 blocks in this weather is some awesome customer service. My brother is a security guard at the hospital and has to take people to and from work and he said he has seen some drifts that had to be at least 4' on some of the county roads

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    3 heart attacks today for people who were shoveling. In my car waiting to warm up before driving home. It looks just absolutely miserable out there.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, power stayed on all night here. -5 according to WTHR. I was expecting worse, but that may yet come. -5 is supposed to be the high for today according to them. Probably go out and try to start the vehicles after the sun comes up, although we really don't need to go anywhere today.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    According to the weather bug app, it's +1f here right now. Wife gets the day off but we never close, so I'll be heading in in a little bit.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Phone says it is -2 wind chill about -18. Didn't feel that cold. Had to brave knee deep snow in shorts to clear the satellite.

Top Bottom