• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GEM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Where I belong
    Not ready for this yet. So to celebrate Christmas this year, we are having a 12 ft. 3-trunk Christmas palm tree in the house instead of the traditional. We'll have the fireplace and the woodburning stove cranked up to be nice and toasty (to make a faux tropical environment), candlelight, and I plan make a "lei" for each person using poinsettias, greenery & ribbons, etc. Then the most fun part will be the "hawg." Probably won't do the whole hog, just some chunks on the slow grill, some nice side dishes, lotsa desserts ... and don't forget the adult beverages!!! Maybe an umbrella or two. Warm things up a bit!

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Try: A Day At The Beach

1/2oz Disaronno
    1oz Coconut Rum
    4oz of orange juice
    1/2oz of Grenadine

Shake rum, Disaronno, and orange juice with ice, pour over ice, then top with the Grenadine. Garnish with pineapple and strawberry if you've got it.

Throw in an umbrella and you're on your way! that oughta help set the atmosphere.

Cheers!

GEM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Where I belong
    Try: A Day At The Beach

1/2oz Disaronno
    1oz Coconut Rum
    4oz of orange juice
    1/2oz of Grenadine

Shake rum, Disaronno, and orange juice with ice, pour over ice, then top with the Grenadine. Garnish with pineapple and strawberry if you've got it.

Throw in an umbrella and you're on your way! that oughta help set the atmosphere.

Cheers!

Ohhhh thank you!! I'll have to try this out beforehand. (Oh DARN) Maybe today. HAHAHAHA. :laugh:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Sorry to be a spoiler gem but our xmas tree for the past seven years has been decorated in tropical theme only. Our xmas wreath is tropical themed, the gf puts on her grass skirt and coconuts, mixes up some pina coladas, beach boys and jimmy buffett xmas music and later everyone gets lei'd under the tacky lighted palm trees.:rockwoot:

Oh yeah, and snow sux!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Sorry to be a spoiler gem but our xmas tree for the past seven years has been decorated in tropical theme only. Our xmas wreath is tropical themed, the gf puts on her grass skirt and coconuts, mixes up some pina coladas, beach boys and jimmy buffett xmas music and later everyone gets lei'd under the tacky lighted palm trees.:rockwoot:

Oh yeah, and snow sux!

Soooooooooo....

Christmas party at your house?! :popcorn:

GEM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Where I belong
    Sooo ... leaving the umbrellas for the young-un's, drinking the rum, and getting lei'd. Sounds like a great way to bring in the holidays!!! Thanks everyone for the laughs!!! -G-

Top Bottom