• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ralphie Parker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2013
    Waterloo
    My daughter was working in North Carolina a few years ago. Their weatherman on the news one night said " It might rain, it might not...we just don't know". I wish they were all that honest.:):

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have heard the rumors. One of the hoaxes was that we are suppose to get snow this month. I am hoping for a mild winter. I do think we are over due for a bad winter. I was around for the blizzards of 68 and 78. Saw enough snow for a life time then!

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    I heard a couple guys talking and they say suppose to be harder winter this year then last.

Ralphie Parker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2013
    Waterloo
    The great lakes had ice a lot longer this summer, so they didn't get as warm as normal. That makes the probability of a colder snowier winter. At least that's the logic I've read. It makes sense, but who knows how far south that effect would go.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Always heard from my Grandpa that for every fog in August, there will be a snow that winter. Also The Boss saw one of the local tv weather guessers saying something about that last week one day. Been a lot of fog this past August...

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I have heard the rumors. One of the hoaxes was that we are suppose to get snow this month. I am hoping for a mild winter. I do think we are over due for a bad winter. I was around for the blizzards of 68 and 78. Saw enough snow for a life time then!
    WTF was last winter?

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    All the woolly worms I've seen so far this fall have been blond. Should be a mild winter.

Heil Gunslinger, I hope you're right, last winter sucked. 19 straight 12 hour days in snow plow made me hate snow. Well the snow is not so bad, but all the idiot drivers that want to crash their little cars into a 13 ton truck is not much fun.:)

Top Bottom