Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    you were kicking some pepper popper butt that day
    on a serious note,the smoke difference is noticable in the video,did you notice it behind the gun?

Yes it is noticeable. I am going to use the lead for practice and coated bullets for major matches. These lead bullets make for cheaper practice.

gh2

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Jim stopped by my shop today. He realizes any cast bullet smokes more than plated or jacketed bullets. He is researching the plating process but for now his focus is providing the highest quality cast bullets available while providing customer service second to none.
    Jim (SnS Casting) is the Indiana State Match sponsor. He gives back to the people that make this sport what it is. He, and his son Ryan, are some of the best squad mates you will ever encounter. Give their product a try. You won't be disappointed.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Jim stopped by my shop today. He realizes any cast bullet smokes more than plated or jacketed bullets. He is researching the plating process but for now his focus is providing the highest quality cast bullets available while providing customer service second to none.
    Jim (SnS Casting) is the Indiana State Match sponsor. He gives back to the people that make this sport what it is. He, and his son Ryan, are some of the best squad mates you will ever encounter. Give their product a try. You won't be disappointed.

He is doing that without a doubt. Lead smokes but the price is hard to beat.

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    I can agree. For my Production gun I run their 147s. Great quality at a good price, and great customer service.

Just for fun I order and ask to make sure they stock them, everytime I get a response of "We have about 50-60k left". Makes a customer feel good knowing your not behind a curve ball when you need the bullets quicker than usual for some reason.

Glad to give them my business and would recommend them to anyone in the market for lead bullets. :ar15:

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Well since bayou bullets isn't taking orders, precision is 6 weeks late on my," it will be there in 2 weeks" order and I am almost out of ammo.
    I will give them a try. I had issues early on with some lead 147's tumbling. I think I have that figured out. I guess i'm going to have to start casting my own. That will **** the old woman off

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I guess i'm going to have to start casting my own. That will **** the old woman off

Maybe not if you detail for her the price break in casting. I just ordered up 60 lbs of lead that will make me 1826 LRN 230gr. Price: $72 shipped:D

I hadn't heard of this SNS outfit before this thread. Sometimes I get in a crunch for time with casting and just need to buy some. I think I'll give them a call the next time it happens.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I started using SNS because they support our sport. Bullets work great and have had no problems with them. They are friendly when you call and bullets are here in a couple of days. VERY FAST:yesway:
    Mail carrier hate me when these show up:D

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I think everyone that gives these bullets a try will be satisfied.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yes they are the Indiana USPSA Championship Match Sponsor donating over $2,000 in certificates and other items for the grab bags

Jim and Ryan are shooters (Ryan kicks my butt on a regular basis) they understand what we are looking for

I have bought bullets from just about every place you can name, from the big places to little guys

I got my first order from SNS earlier this year, 200gr lswc .45acp. Service was faster than any other place I have ordered from
    the bullets were packed better than any other place that I have ordered from
    the bullets themselves were 100% consistant, all weighed the same, lube was 100% consistant, and they were hardcast, very hardcast. Handling them I had no residue of black fingers afterwards.
    Accuracy was excellent, I will get a test target up with my results next time I get a chance.

Yes lead bullets smoke, so do moly coat bullets, so do fmj with exposed lead bases. I have shot 200gr lswc in single stack and L10 and IDPA matches since 2000, and in 12 years of shooting outside it has only been a noticeable issue a couple of times.

BROBERTS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Warsaw IN.
    I cast everything I shoot but for the open gun. Have for more than 10 years. U
    I use them in every match I go to. Most of the time I never notice the smoke unless the sun is just right. When my lead runs out I talked to SNS about buying lead off them.

Last year at the state I had a talk with SNS about casting and they were not afraid I would try to under cut them.

Casting is a lot of work but is gratifying when you make the bullets, load them and do good in a match.

I don't sell my bullets and if I did I would have to charge more than SNS charges for them when you look at time it takes.

Just my :twocents: Brent

ptt811

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, IN
    I ordered 1000 230 gr. for my 45 acp...on Friday morning online before I left for work. I got home today ( Monday ) and they were sitting on the porch. Thats service !

Top Bottom