• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Well, I just picked up a 2.0 Shield, no safety out the door for $299.59. I'm happy with that and later when my finances settle down from this purchase, I may still pick up a snub nose.

The Shield is a proven firearm for me, I trust my life with it. It is very much like my 2.0 Compact so it's familiar to me. The trigger feels the same and I will make the sights the same.

If I can't achieve my goal of deep conceal, I'll consider the snub nose.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I’d buy both of them. I don’t think it’s fair to compare an automatic with a revolver, even if you want to achieve the same purpose: well-concealed personal protection. Both have strengths and weaknesses.

I don’t own a shield, but I do have a SW642 and a G43. My 642 is a good BUG. I also stick it in my jacket pocket during cooler months. I like this philosophy of use: I can have my hand on the gun without anyone knowing. I can also fire the revolver through the jacket in pinch. I don’t have to worry about getting follow-up shots off since there’s no concern of the side not going back into battery. The 642 goes great in the pants pocket as well.

My single-stack holds more rounds, conceals well, and has a higher rate of fire. I carry it more often, especially in warmer months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I own and carry a 9mm Shield, it's great. I own and carry a S&W 642 Air weight snub nose, it's great. I carry the 642 most often. I call it my "three step" gun. You know, "give me three steps, give me three steps mister..." That's what it is for, giving me three steps!

Ithaca45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2014
    United States
    I would have to vote for my S&W 360. Light and easy to shoot with 38 Spl. loads. I have and do carry a P365 but only OWB as I feel it's too heavy to carry in my pocket.

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    Great choice of words for a great BUG! I do a similar gig with either a Shield 40 cal, or G19. (uhm... sometimes a Sig226 tags along with my 442, old school gun combo). Cooler weather enroute soon, so easy OWB carry for almost everybody!
    Good luck!

Top Bottom