So apparently I'm going to a wine tasting.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    This weekend at military park my girlfriend has tickets for the wine and food tasting. My question is, is this going to be some stuffy pretentious occasion or is this going to be more laid back? I also plan on carrying (concealed) there unless there are rules against it? Does anyone know of any laws/rules against it?

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Don't know about the carry rules/regs there, but have been to many a wine/beer tasting. You will probably run into a wide mix of people. From the stuffy swish/spitters, to the slam as many 1oz samples as possible in the short time allotted type.

Keep it cool and don't pretend (like most everyone else will) that you know everything about wine. I have sat with some so called wine experts who couldn't tell the difference between a $8 bottle of Merlot and a $100 bottle, not that I could either though.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    All the tastings I've been to were pretty laid back. Usually they will pour your sample and describe the wine to you. My advice is as soon as she pours your sample just slam it back like a shot as she's still talking the wine up. If she looks at you with an astonished look just respond with "Ehh, it didn't suck, don't be so stingy on the next pour." Trust me, it's the classy way of handling it... :)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I would be more concerned with the fact of carrying a firearm while drinking wine.
    I know you are not supposed to drink it but just taste it and spit it out but I guess some people can still manage to get drunk.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I would be more concerned with the fact of carrying a firearm while drinking wine.
    I was going to be DD because I'm not a big wine fan.
    That he will be in a city park and cannot legally carry?
    But since this is the case looks like the gun stays in the car anyway.

Thanks guys.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    If you don't take it too seriously, but are an active participant, you can learn a lot of interesting things. If that's important to you.

sigmachijc

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Zionsville
    They're laid back. However, I went to a wine tasting with my gf, who is an accountant for a large accounting firm in Indy, and her co-workers were very high class pretentious snobs. All in all, I "imbibed in a few libations" and met some new "interesting" people

irishhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Mooresville
    UMMMMMMM be the DD and encourage several tastings , buy a few bottles , and head to the house afterwards with semi intoxicated female ... Sounds like a pretty nice evening to me

Top Bottom