So as A NFA noob, where can i check some out?..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I have put money down on a suppressor, so i don't qualify for the upcoming NFA day, so how do i go about checking out, and getting more information on SBR's, and MG's? I would possibly be interested in owning a few different NFA items, but want more information, and be able to handle,and maybe shoot a few before i make a purchase. I know a lot of people have talked about getting together for a big shoot, and that would be great, but how do i learn about them, before i put a small fortune in a purchase?

hoosier_sully

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Valparaiso
    The knob creek machine gun shoot is held twice a year, april and october. Plenty of toys to fondle and rent down there. Just keep in mind that not everything they have can be purchased by civilians.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I know about Knob Creek, i was looking for something closer, i live in the N.E. corner of the state, and Knob Creek is about 300 miles away. Anything from Indy north is good for me, the closer to Michigan the better. I am 7 miles from Ohio, and about 25 miles from Michigan, but thanks for the response.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Get thee to 21st Century Firearms in Bluffton...

Then beg & bribe Jahred or David until you get to play with their shop toys... :-)

-J-

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I know about Knob Creek, i was looking for something closer, i live in the N.E. corner of the state, and Knob Creek is about 300 miles away. Anything from Indy north is good for me, the closer to Michigan the better. I am 7 miles from Ohio, and about 25 miles from Michigan, but thanks for the response.

If you get up to Elkhart you can rent MGs from Midwest but I think the only catch is you have to buy ammo from them. I went up with a small group and we rented 3 or 4 different 9mm MGs and just bought a case of 9mm from them. It made it easy and made for a really fun day.

:ar15:

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    If you get up to Elkhart you can rent MGs from Midwest but I think the only catch is you have to buy ammo from them. I went up with a small group and we rented 3 or 4 different 9mm MGs and just bought a case of 9mm from them. It made it easy and made for a really fun day.

:ar15:

Yup, the rates arent horrible either. Every now and then they are on sale too. I havent had a chance to actually do it myself, but I know a few people that have, and of course I have heard it on the range.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Yup, the rates arent horrible either. Every now and then they are on sale too. I havent had a chance to actually do it myself, but I know a few people that have, and of course I have heard it on the range.

I believe it's $60 to rent an MG from them. That doesn't count range time and the ammo, which you have to buy from them. Living Social had a rental for 2 where you can use any subgun, two mags each and targets. I think that was $60 as well. My friend and I ran 100 rounds through an MP5SD. I LOVE that gun. I wish I could afford a real one. =(

Top Bottom