• ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I'm still waiting on my form 4 for a suppressor I bought back in Jan. I want more NFA stuff but man...this waiting sucks! :):

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    After the first one its not as bad. It still sucks, but at least you have something cool to play with until your next ones come in. Yes, I said "next ones". There WILL BE next ones.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I'm on No 5, working on 6 and I don't think it gets any easier. My first one was the worst, but it was for an MG that was out of state, so it took an extra couple of months!

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I'm still waiting on my form 4 for a suppressor I bought back in Jan. I want more NFA stuff but man...this waiting sucks! :):

Could be worse, I bought a can in January, and it took until this week to get transfered to the dealer. I go Friday to pick up the paperwork, and the wait to transfer to ME is just starting. I'm looking at 14-15 months total. :(

-rvb

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I just try not to think about them. The first transfer is always the worst since you dont have anything to play with yet. I'm about half way through waiting on my 6th and 7th transfer to clear. I rarely even think about them.

That drive up to your dealer though,, ,, when your first transfer is ready to be picked up,, ,, priceless!

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Could be worse, I bought a can in January, and it took until this week to get transfered to the dealer. [STRIKE]I go Friday to pick up the paperwork, and the wait to transfer to ME is just starting. [/STRIKE]I'm looking at 14-15 months total. :(

-rvb

sigh. dealer just called. paperwork snafu. told me to hold off coming down Friday. He's optimistic it can get resolved in a couple days over the phone. I have no optimism left.....

"shall not be infringed," huh?

-rvb

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Yeah that's what I was afraid on hearing. I do hope the wait seems a little more bearable should I get more NFA after having my first. :):

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    It is a bit easier after the first. I had to wait 8 months for my first two (a Mac 10 and a subgun suppressor). Now I've started the paperwork on two more suppressors and an SBR and am contemplating a yet another suppressor purchase (a .45 Osprey to go with my FNX 45 Tactical).

Just make the purchase, send in the paperwork and move on to the next thing.

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    The key is to find something else you like/ want and stagger them out. Christmas all year long.

Have 6 stamps currently, five more coming in...

Thinking about form 1ing an AOW next...

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Yeah this waiting is getting to be pretty ridiculous. I sent my forms out on Jan 29th and my check was cashed Feb 8th..then it all went pending on Mar 11th.

A few months ago when I called to check on my F4 status they quoted me I should have it back sometime in September and now as of today I have been quoted as to getting it approved in December so.....11 months total anyone??:xmad:

Breynolds38

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I just sent in my Form 1 for an SBR a week ago. Not quite as bad as a Form 4, since I have a pistol configuration AR to play with in the meantime. I'm not going to get my hopes up for anything short of receiving my stamp by the end of winter.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    My M16 ten years ago took a year. The rest of my transfers that year for suppressors took about 4 months average. I hear that it is a lot worse now.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I did a form 1 SBR at the beginning of November, and the stamp came in in the middle of June. I have a few more I'm waiting on, but it will be awhile on those. Just keep busy with other things, I have been very busy at work, and it has helped keep my mind off of them.

Top Bottom