• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I've been all over Indiana. East to West, North to South, and every where in between. During all seasons and in all types of weather.

It sure SEEMS to me that the potholes on my normal routes this winter/spring are worse than I remember them being.

Of course, though, we had a wet winter. The more water on the ground and in the soil...the worse the holes and cracks become.

Blame the water!

-J-

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    LOL, you're all funny. :D The roads here are immaculate compared to most cities, not just former hometowns, all the cities I've traveled to. We spend a decent amount, despite the cries about money being put into this or that. Toledo, Ohio was terrible. Their "claim system" was non-existant, actually taken out by city ordinance. You bent a wheel, your problem. Want bad roads in the midwest? Detroit, Toledo Ohio, Gary Indiana, Chicago. The only big city that I found to be better than Indy, suprisingly enough, was NYC. VERY nice roads comparatively to a city of it's size.

I think the chuck hole repairs are scudded by the snow plows, but just normal traffic. When you have cars and trucks on the repairs not more than an hour after doing them, of course they get compressed or damaged again. When you have just enough time to patch the roads before a new large snow, the plows are always hungry... :D

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    LOL, you're all funny. :D The roads here are immaculate compared to most cities, not just former hometowns, all the cities I've traveled to. We spend a decent amount, despite the cries about money being put into this or that. Toledo, Ohio was terrible. Their "claim system" was non-existant, actually taken out by city ordinance. You bent a wheel, your problem. Want bad roads in the midwest? Detroit, Toledo Ohio, Gary Indiana, Chicago. The only big city that I found to be better than Indy, suprisingly enough, was NYC. VERY nice roads comparatively to a city of it's size.

I think the chuck hole repairs are scudded by the snow plows, but just normal traffic. When you have cars and trucks on the repairs not more than an hour after doing them, of course they get compressed or damaged again. When you have just enough time to patch the roads before a new large snow, the plows are always hungry... :D

I tend to agree!

Just about any major city "north" of Indy's latitude are going to have worse roads because the winters are worse.

People get super PO'd at tall the cracks/bumps/holes on the interstates. Then get super PO'd at the miles-long cone zones while they cut out damaged sections in order to "deep patch" them. :n00b: (Of course, the new patches just introduce more joints which allows more avenues for water intrusion....)

Want better roads? Move further south where there's not so much frost action and/or snow plow action.

-J-

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    doesnt matter, the pot holes wont get fixed cause the teachers union wants all the money and the colts want all the money to host the superbowl.... what good is a superbowl if you cant drive on the roads to get there.

What super bowl they are all too busy being greedy sobs.. I think grant county has it pretty bad but I saw the state doing preventative maintenance on the main drag last week I was pretty surprised. They were sealing all the small cracks and suck before they could become pot holes

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    ... I saw the state doing preventative maintenance on the main drag last week I was pretty surprised. They were sealing all the small cracks and suck before they could become pot holes...

That's what the highway unit folks do when there isn't anything else to do.

Generally a winter-time good weather project.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    That's what the highway unit folks do when there isn't anything else to do.

Generally a winter-time good weather project.

seems preventative maintenance would be a more common practice to save from doing all the crap work behind a hot asphalt truck or bullfloating these crap concrete roads

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I switched to a sport suspension, now my pot hole Agility is +15, and avoidance Stamina is +25.

In all fairness, I think the city is doing a pretty good job. Typically my (crummy) area is neglected.

Top Bottom