• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    After talking forever about it, my family and I finally broke down and made time for a day of training. Yesterday, my hubby, son, and I went down to Swayzee Ind and spent the day with Jay learning gun safety technical terms,maintanence,handling, grip, and stance.

Going into this, I was very nervous and was afraid I would make a fool out of myself. I was not raised around firearms (other than BB guns) but my husband has had them since he was a kid. Since meeting my husband, I have gotten where I loved to shoot, but was never confident in myself. For the past year, I have helped him reload, but couldn't hit the broad side of the barn with them, thus even questioning my loads too.

Well after spending the day with Jay, my mind is at ease and I'm ready to get out there and practice more. I have a terrible flinch, but Jay gave me the tools and confidence to overcome it. I'm not cured by any means, but with practice both at the range and dry firing, I am now confident I will.

When we went to the range after lunch, I couldn't believe how much better I was doing using what he taught and also one of his 1911's. I see a new purchase in the future ! I currently have a kahr CW9 that I have a love/hate relationship with. While I love how it feels in my hand, I hate I can't shoot it well at all.

Also, our 12 year old son had a great time. I could tell he got as much out of the class also. On the way home from Swayzee, he asked his dad to wake him in the morning so he could go along to Roush and practice more. This is unheard of from a boy that usually sleeps in on the weekends. As a parent I was very pleased how Jay took the time and made sure our son understood everything.

Lastly, not only did Jay give us great fundementals and made sure we are safe shooters, he also made it fun ! He offers other classes and you can bet I will take him up on more in the future once I find that 1911 and a good way to carry it.

A huge thanks to Jay for a awesome day yesterday and also a huge thanks to Jet Girl for referring us to him !!!!! :)

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I'll rep that on recharge!
    SO glad you had a great time! I knew you would!
    Can't wait to go plinkin' with you Wednesday! :) :yesway:

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Congrats on the training :rockwoot:It is educational and fun, and if it made you more confident then it was worth it

I did the samething with my wife, and it has made all the difference, She now looks forward to going to the range and is getting better evrey time we go.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Can't wait to go plinkin' with you Wednesday! :) :yesway:

Just remember a few months from now when you reflect back on just where all your ammo went, you had a part in creating this... LOL

Look out that she has the confidence in going out without me along. She will no doubt be asking you to go all the time now...

Like the wife said, it was a great day. A huge thanks to Jay for his patience and time. I would suggest to any spouse out there to take advantage of any opportunity for training for the wife/husband. Maybe it's not so much as whether a spouse is qualified to train or not, but rather it's a simple fact I found out the spouse just doesn't listen as well to you as they would someone else !

At the end of yesterday, Jay looked at son and said " boy, you like to shoot fast " . this was no shock to me... In the past, the (3) of us would go out and burn thru 800-1200 rds thru the Glocks, XD's and kahr. Today, I took Jays advice and took son back out and we made a few hundred rounds last ! Not as well as Jay would want, but a huge step in right direction for us.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I'm glad you folks were pleased with the day. It was a pleasure to host the three of you. I think all of you did very well..... and did so, safely.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Three INGO cheers for Jay!:ingo:

Cheers_intro_logo.jpg

champagne_toast-2.jpg

cheer.jpg

Top Bottom