• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dfb33b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Thanks to all of you who gave me feedback and helped me decide on the right rifle for hunting in Indiana.

I went with this Marlin 1894S .44 Mag. I was able to pick up for a pretty damn good price considering it is unblemished and has not been fired.

I look forward to breaking this in.
    pix551465144.jpg
    pix337948227.jpg
    pix999594915.jpg
    pix355432848.jpg
    pix926816952.jpg
    pix773941407.jpg

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    You probably won't like it, I'll give ya $50 bucks for it and take it off of your hands.:D

Seriously, looks really nice and clean. Looks like you found a really nice hunting rifle.

dfb33b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Very cool!! Are you going to use open sights, a scope, or install a peep sight?

I am going hunting this weekend, so if I am really lucky and my FFL gets it this weekend I will hunt with it using the stok buck horn sights.

However long term I am torn between a peep sight and possibly putting a red dot scope on it.

dfb33b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Just curious my buddy wants the exact one. Where did you get it
    At thank you for your post

I bought it off of Gunbroker.com There are about 6-7 of them on there at any given time, some in better shape than others, and there are a few NIB as well. The prices ranged from about $400-750.

I was lucky and got this one for a steal. $499.00

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    I am going hunting this weekend, so if I am really lucky and my FFL gets it this weekend I will hunt with it using the stok buck horn sights.

However long term I am torn between a peep sight and possibly putting a red dot scope on it.

Very nice gun man! Almost bought 1 bout a month ago but the funds didn't come through. I am a little curious as to what your hunting with it this coming weekend??

dfb33b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Very nice gun man! Almost bought 1 bout a month ago but the funds didn't come through. I am a little curious as to what your hunting with it this coming weekend??
    Piggies

And thanks to all for the comments. I will let you know how it goes if I am able to get it in time to take it out this weekend.

Top Bottom