• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Greatest thing I ever did was marry a nurse. She kept me alive in the jungles of Borneo when I was down with heat stroke, dengue fever (twice), typhoid fever (when we finally got to a hospital the first bottle of IV was drained into my veins in less than thirty minutes, total of 16 bottles in the next 24-36 hours); she helped put eleven stitches in my shin when I fell in a five-foot deep hole; she patched me up after numerous falls from jungle bridges and motorcycle wipe-outs, too. :stretcher: More importantly, this nurse has stayed with me for over 46 years.

Maybe you are right, Vigilant, this nurse is a special kind of crazy—but I wish more women were that kind of crazy. Makes for happy husbands and honest, faithful, God-fearing children who are raising great grandchildren.

Botom line: MARRY A NURSE!

:cool: :thumbsup:

Did you you ever stop to think she might be bad luck ?

Redlinetoys

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2016
    Northern Indiana
    Hope your boy is fine.

We had a near miss a few weeks ago at the beach. The whole family had walked through an area of sand ahead of me, several with no shoes on. As I followed them I noticed several angry looking shards of green beer bottle glass sticking out of the sand. Each had 5-6 sharp points sticking out different directions. No doubt we would have been at the emergency room if a young tender foot had stepped there.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Hope your boy is fine.

We had a near miss a few weeks ago at the beach. The whole family had walked through an area of sand ahead of me, several with no shoes on. As I followed them I noticed several angry looking shards of green beer bottle glass sticking out of the sand. Each had 5-6 sharp points sticking out different directions. No doubt we would have been at the emergency room if a young tender foot had stepped there.

Littering has always irritated me. Whether you're hunting, fishing, or at the beach. You could always hurt someone or wildlife and ruin it for everyone when it gets shut down.

One time I got a chocolate ice cream cone from a vending machine. It was old and solid as a rock. I figured theres no paper. I'll just toss it outside. Then I thought for a about ten seconds. What if a dog smelled it and started to lick it? That could be a very bad deal for the family and dog and I don't want that on my concience. So I picked it up and walked it to a trash can.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Littering has always irritated me. Whether you're hunting, fishing, or at the beach. You could always hurt someone or wildlife and ruin it for everyone when it gets shut down.

One time I got a chocolate ice cream cone from a vending machine. It was old and solid as a rock. I figured theres no paper. I'll just toss it outside. Then I thought for a about ten seconds. What if a dog smelled it and started to lick it? That could be a very bad deal for the family and dog and I don't want that on my concience. So I picked it up and walked it to a trash can.

Once when I was in elementary school, we were either putting our canoe into the water to pulling it out (it was Waveland or Raccoon) when another family had a kid cut their foot badly on broken glass in shallow water at the boat launch. My dad applied pressure and bandaged it and told then to go to the ER for stitches.

That's the kind of hazard that is generally avoidable. Glass containers and recreation areas, especially water, are not a great mix.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Here we are on a forum dedicated to firearms, guns, and whatnot...

Discussing a wound not caused by a firearm...

Morphing into the benefits and banes of dating or marrying a nurse...

Worrying about litter that isn't left over brass...

AND SOME THINK THE LEFT IS LOOPY?!?!?!?:alcoholic:

YEESH!

;)

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Once when I was in elementary school, we were either putting our canoe into the water to pulling it out (it was Waveland or Raccoon) when another family had a kid cut their foot badly on broken glass in shallow water at the boat launch. My dad applied pressure and bandaged it and told then to go to the ER for stitches.

That's the kind of hazard that is generally avoidable. Glass containers and recreation areas, especially water, are not a great mix.

Went fishing with dad and my brother when I was about 12 in his boat. Was ridiculously hot, so we pulled the boat up and jumped in the water. As soon as I touched bottom I felt a sharp pain in my foot, swam to the boat and my toe was cut almost to the bone. We went to the truck and wrapped it up, then went back fishing. Next day mom made us go to the hospital, they said we waited too long and wouldn’t stitch it so steri stripped (?) it and made me wear a boot til it healed. Still not sure exactly what I stepped on since it was a private lake, but guessing it was a broken bottle. Worst part, didn’t even catch any keepers:rolleyes:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

DoggyMama and I go primitive camping (not in a campground) down at Lake Monroe, and we're always disgusted by the amount of broken bottles and other glass in and around the fire rings left by previous campers. We used to camp in the "party cove" (Allen's Creek) but it got to where we were spending the first hour or two cleaning up our site before we even started setting up. Started going to the idle zone side of the lake (east of SR 446) and it's better, but we still find a lot of glass. Just makes no sense to me. We always make it a point to leave a spot in better condition than we found it, but clearly not everyone shares that sentiment. :xmad:

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Greatest thing I ever did was marry a nurse. She kept me alive in the jungles of Borneo when I was down with heat stroke, dengue fever (twice), typhoid fever (when we finally got to a hospital the first bottle of IV was drained into my veins in less than thirty minutes, total of 16 bottles in the next 24-36 hours); she helped put eleven stitches in my shin when I fell in a five-foot deep hole; she patched me up after numerous falls from jungle bridges and motorcycle wipe-outs, too. :stretcher: More importantly, this nurse has stayed with me for over 46 years.

Maybe you are right, Vigilant, this nurse is a special kind of crazy—but I wish more women were that kind of crazy. Makes for happy husbands and honest, faithful, God-fearing children who are raising great grandchildren.

Botom line: MARRY A NURSE!

:cool: :thumbsup:

yes, marry a nurse! Started hanging out with one in a group of friends in 2010, dating in 2012, engaged in 2013, married in 2014. I married the “too nice to work in the er” nurse. She has cost me money though, got me to go to doctors and dentists after 10 plus years. You will never hear more interesting stories then night shift hospital nurses have. It is probably in the genes that our daughter will be one. My wife’s mom is one and her grandma on her fathers side is retired nurse. Also nurses are compensated well for the crazies which opens up more funds for firearms purchases at times but I honestly had no idea how much she made until long after we were married because it didn’t matter.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Minor Update: My son loves to play the "sympathy card". It works on Grandma, but not on mom and dad.

He's "fine". Still bandaging / wrapping the small wound. I think removing the bandaid is the worst part for him. That and when I tried using a moist cotton applicator to attempt to clean near the sutures. He's not a fan of that.

Other than that, he's running, jumping, and crawling around like he would normally. Apparently he hasn't yet bumped the spot. I anticipate full-on yowling should that happen.

The hotel owner did respond to me and told me, via email which I still have, to send any/all related bills to him/the company. Apparently either he or their insurance company is supposed to call me today.

The registrar at the hospital was also going to make a note on the acct that it happened at a hotel/commercial property and that payment for their services was hopefully going to come from them and not from my wife and I.

Top Bottom