• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Are deer hunters going to be able to use their grandpa's 30-30 for the 2015 deer season?

I may have to visit some ole stomping grounds if so. I'm sure this has been hashed over many times and really not looking for a debate on this one. Just curious if anyone really knows the answer.:horse::popcorn:

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    If you read the forum, you'll find the answer you seek.

It's virtually impossible to raise the topic without stirring debate.

SicSTi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Why wait till then? If it is anything like when 44's were made legal in rifles Gander Mountain will jack up all the prices 50% the next day.I

This is why you purchase from budsgunshop.com or somewhere else instead. Even the local mom'n'pop places. Don't bother giving Gander your business. The more people buy from them the more they know they can continue to jack up prices.

When I purchased my FCP-K in .308, Gander wanted $950 for the gun with no optics. I bought it from Bud's for $709 (no taxes) + cheap shipping + $25 FFL transfer fee @ local gun shop.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I bought a CM9 from Buds for $350 that included shipping and transfer fee. I saw the same gun at Gander for $550 plus tax of 7%. No thanks....

Bud has a big used gun auction going on right now...

ChootEm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Whitestown
    This is why you purchase from budsgunshop.com or somewhere else instead. Even the local mom'n'pop places. Don't bother giving Gander your business. The more people buy from them the more they know they can continue to jack up prices.

When I purchased my FCP-K in .308, Gander wanted $950 for the gun with no optics. I bought it from Bud's for $709 (no taxes) + cheap shipping + $25 FFL transfer fee @ local gun shop.

Ohhhh don't worry they don't get my cash on things like that.....oh and I am already planning and building my deer gun as we speek. Worst case I got one more nice shooter for the range.....oh and coyote, squirrels, and everything else in Indiana!

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I already have a Ruger M77 .30-06 to go with my Marlin 1894 .45 Colt, so I'm all set whichever way this goes.
    According to the DNR website, they will be taking public comments starting next month and April.
    The final decision is to follow in May.
    I'm hoping it will go through.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    New ones? It's going to be a hard enough decision with what's in the vault right now!

Haha, agreed. I was planing on taking a mosin into the woods this fall if it goes through. I got rid of them though and just picked up a K-31. It will most definitely be going into the woods if allowed.

Top Bottom