• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I graduated from Ivy Tech in May of 2011 with an AAS in Mechanical Design. After having a drafting position and other odd jobs along with that role, I talked to my fiance and decided it was best to go back and get my Bachelors in ME. Last night I applied to IPFW, getting in should be no problem, and I'll be starting classes in the spring. My current employer is going to give me a key so I can come in on weekends and work at odd hours to get full time wages. Kinda nervous but, really excited.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Congratulations!

We need more like you and fewer who won't go to school unless they are paid to do so.

That said, keep your eyes open for any grant or scholarship money that might be available.

This will teach you more than you learn in the classroom and will make you stronger.

Blessings and good luck.

Mrs Evilwrench

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Congratulations! I've been on this path, it isn't easy trying to juggle a full-time job and classes and study time...but the payoff is worth it! Best of luck to you!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    There are scholarships out there for non-traditional students (didn't go to college or are returning to college after spending time working), seek them out...

Good luck!!!

I have my BSME...

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Congrats and very good decision. (I am also a BSME.) Great employer to help you out that way. If you get opportunity, try to do internships somewhere. Really thinks it gives you an edge when you finally finish.

Top Bottom