• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TurkeyThug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2018
    Terre Haute
    I got an SCCY CMP1 9MM after seeing and shooting my brothers he had just bought.
    Its got a nice fit and feel, life time warranty and US made.
    I know its not a high dollar gun but it shoots pretty good.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I put one of those into evidence a couple weeks ago. It didn't really seem like the quality was particularly poor (I've seen a lot worse).

Obviously I didn't shoot it, but I know it was fired without any malfunctions before I arrived on scene. :laugh:

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I got an SCCY CMP1 9MM after seeing and shooting my brothers he had just bought.
    Its got a nice fit and feel, life time warranty and US made.
    I know its not a high dollar gun but it shoots pretty good.

I bought a SCCY CPX-2 a little while back just to see how they are. Got it used for 199.00 out the door with box and all the original stuff. For the money it's not a bad gun. The fit and finish are better than I expected. It runs fine for me with no issues. My only complaint is the trigger. It has a long trigger pull that is hard to get used to. With some concentration I can hit the ten ring with it but it takes a lot of effort. My youngest son, who I would consider an above average shooter, had trouble just hitting the paper with it. I think he could get use to it with some practice.

I just got it as a range toy and don't ever plan to carry it but if it's all I had it would get the job done. It is a step above a Hi-Point or Jennings for sure. Probably in the same ballpark as some of the Taurus and Kel-Tec models like the PT111 G2 and PF-9. :twocents:

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    I have a SCCY CPX-2 I bought used at a gun show a couple of years ago. Good guns, poor triggers, but most cheaper guns do have poor triggers. Never had a FTF or an FTE with it.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I also have a CPX-2. I got mine used for $180. I like it. It is small enough to use as a pocket pistol. I still need to get a holster for mine. I shoot it fairly well, about as well as I shoot anything else. The trigger is long, there are videos on "fixing" the trigger. There are also some aftermarket parts you can get to fix it as well.

I rather like it. It does kick a bit, but all smaller pistols do that. I've thought about getting a second one, just for reasons.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I got my wife one a few years back and she uses it as her EDC. She likes that its very lightweight and has a 10 round mag. Trigger takes some getting used to but she has practiced with it enough that she's extremely accurate with it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I also have a CPX-2. I got mine used for $180. I like it. It is small enough to use as a pocket pistol. I still need to get a holster for mine. I shoot it fairly well, about as well as I shoot anything else. The trigger is long, there are videos on "fixing" the trigger. There are also some aftermarket parts you can get to fix it as well.

I rather like it. It does kick a bit, but all smaller pistols do that. I've thought about getting a second one, just for reasons.

Mrs Monkey wanted a bigger pistol than her LCP. She tried Haven's and was hooked. (As I watched her bury the 4th in the 9 ring instead of being all over the target I knew I was hosed) She shoots 10x better with it and is willing to carry it. Its not fancy but it gets the job done.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I had one of the first gen of CPX-1s -

all sorts of problems - mag ejected when I was seated - would find it on the car seat all the time,
    and would release mag and fell out more than once while walking etc
    - safety broke rendering it a rock (twice)
    DAO trigger rendered it extremely difficult for me (or wife) to shoot w/ any accuracy (paper plates were safe at beyond 7 yards) ...

If it works, doesn't have the problems - its good for you - keep it. ... just my horror story with one
    ... traded for XD within a year ... then that for Glock ... all IMO / YMMV / GL ... :)

TurkeyThug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2018
    Terre Haute
    Ive noticed the trigger seems heavy. Im about 200rds in on it. Ive gotten pretty good with my control and accuracy with it.
    It fits in my lower back very nice.
    Over all its a great gun for me.

brucecrain

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I bought a SCCY CPX-2 a little while back just to see how they are. Got it used for 199.00 out the door with box and all the original stuff. For the money it's not a bad gun. The fit and finish are better than I expected. It runs fine for me with no issues. My only complaint is the trigger. It has a long trigger pull that is hard to get used to. With some concentration I can hit the ten ring with it but it takes a lot of effort. My youngest son, who I would consider an above average shooter, had trouble just hitting the paper with it. I think he could get use to it with some practice.

I just got it as a range toy and don't ever plan to carry it but if it's all I had it would get the job done. It is a step above a Hi-Point or Jennings for sure. Probably in the same ballpark as some of the Taurus and Kel-Tec models like the PT111 G2 and PF-9. :twocents:

Agreed its get the job done, holds a good round count for it size.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ive noticed the trigger seems heavy. Im about 200rds in on it. Ive gotten pretty good with my control and accuracy with it.
    It fits in my lower back very nice.
    Over all its a great gun for me.

That is because it is.

That is a double action trigger. Unlike a traditional striker fired auto, the firing mechanism has to be pulled back every time and doesnt sit back with the spring under load waiting to be released after racking the slide.

SteelDude91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2018
    NWI
    I've had a CPX2 for a few years, really not a bad gun at all. I got it in trade for mechanical work, only put a couple hundred rounds through it but it didn't hiccup. it's a copy of KelTec P11 and will use the same magazines IIRC

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    My GF has one. That explains why the trigger is so bad. She seems to be OK with it.....but I despise that trigger. Then again, I'm used to my Cajunized CZ. Different animals. Train with what you carry.

Hers does seem like it runs fine though. No issues to date. Doubt it'd hold up to some of the extreme torture tests the higher end stuff can make it through.....but for carrying in a purse, I think it's acceptable and dependable.

That is because it is.

That is a double action trigger. Unlike a traditional striker fired auto, the firing mechanism has to be pulled back every time and doesnt sit back with the spring under load waiting to be released after racking the slide.

Top Bottom