• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    Tried out my Ciener .22LR kit in my AC556. Had, I think, a round fire out of battery. Bullet got lodged in the chamber adapter, and the rim/head of the case was ripped off. Got home, got the bullet and case removed. But then I noticed this:

DSC00464.jpg

When I took the kit out, these items fell out. I think they are the extractor plunger and spring. The extractor is no where to be found. I almost think I broke the extractor when it fired out of battery. My questions are, am I missing anything besides the extractor? Any place I could get a replacement? And does anybody know how everything goes back together? ( Paging Slow Hand!) Thanks.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I can take a look at mine in the morning for you. You can get parts from Ceiner, but I'd advise against that.....

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/online_merchants/74305-1_ja_ciener_22_conversions.html

Kevin at Black Dog Machine has been making some spare parts for awhile. Looks like he's got a kit that's got the most often broke/worn/lost parts available for $28. Probably should order a set myself.

Mini14/AC556 .22 Conversion Survival Replacement Parts Kit

Try and get you some pics on teh morning. Not sure if I've still got my paperwork from my kit and if I do, I"m not sure it's got an exploded parts diagram or not.

Doug K

Top Bottom