• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    She wants to take a gun saftey class, it looks like her and my wife might take one together (sent her the link to Indy gun saftey).

With my dad being gone more and more for work she is starting to realize that a knife is not the best option.

She wants something that she does not have to be very accurate with but does not have tons of recoil. Told her to get in the closet with her phone and dial 911, if someome tries to get into the closet that with a 12 gauge and 00 Buck any shot near the center of the door will do a lot of damage. Told her she could get the low recoil shells along with a colapsable (recoil absorbing) stock and it would not be that bad.....

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    At that range, a semi-auto 20g would suffice as well, I would think. Spread pattern would be limited due to proximity and she'd be ready to shoot again if needed.

I've always favored shotguns for home defense if I'm stationary and have the room to wield one. Having to find family members or potentially make my way out of the house is less conducive to a long gun. But in your scenario, I'd take one in a heartbeat. Just be sure to remind her to be aware of the fact that she can't make positive visual ID on the person on the other side of the door. That's where dispatch should come in handy to let her know where officers are, but I wouldn't put it past a perp to lie or a LEO to forget common sense and forget to tell her.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Room is no problem....... has plenty.... 20 gauge would work but she has the space and for the cost of 12's these days why not....... a auto loaded would be a good idea.. she mentioned Pop guns and I tild her to stay away... then mentioned Gander... told them Gander sometimes has deals but that when she wants something to let me know.

When it comes to family members nobody goes to anyones house un announced let alone go in..... if my dad was home when something happend he would have the gun in the closet with her........ he qualifies expert with an M-16 and only shoots when he has to qualify like every 5 years.........

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I was just at Indy Gun Safety talking to Randy yesterday. He has some COOL new training aids going on there. Good choice on sending her there, and glad to hear she wants to learn to protect herself!!

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Not sure exactly what your looking for. But what I bought for my wife seems to fit what you mentioned.

She keeps a S&W Air weight 38. I has the Crimson Trace laser grips and I have the first 2 chambers loaded with shot shell that makes a nice pattern. The last 3 chambers are loaded with JHP's to finish the job in case the the shot shell doesn't stop an attacker. :twocents:

Top Bottom