• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I live in a small apartment building comprised of 8 units. I have lived here for 5+ years and have never had a single bug problem. Recently, my next door neighbors moved away and left me a very nasty going away present: bed bugs. These little bastards came straight through the wall and started eating me alive! I contacted the landlord and it turns out the most thorough way of killing these things is to heat your apt/house to 130 degrees for 6-8 hours. So the pest control people came to brief me on the treatment and they gave me a 4 page print out of preparations that are to be made beforehand. Very high on the list is "Remove all firearms/ammunition from apt." I guess these people think that my unloaded firearms will randomly explode at 130 degrees. :laugh: Anyway, instead of loading up all my guns and ammo with me when I leave for 8 hours, I figured this would do the trick:
    004.jpg

This picture is the whole reason I made this post. I had to show you guys. I wasn't too thrilled on revealing my little situation, but hey, it's not my fault. **** happens. Anyway, after I put all my handguns in there I couldn't help but step back, laugh, and snap a pic. Beer, sodas, roast beef, and guns! What more could you ask for in your fridge?! This nightmare will be over in a matter of hours. They are supposed to be here to start the treatment at 8AM. Wish me luck.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Nice snacks, lol. I guess I mighta just put them in my car, but that wouldn't have been nearly as fun a picture. I've always heard that aged swiss goes nicely with the M&P but I haven't been brave enough to sample it. Good luck with the bed bugs!

TRL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Hendricks Co.
    I used to live on the West side of Evansville in Westwood apts and would wonder abouts some of the locals there.... Good luck with the issue.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    That photo brings a tear to my eye.

Ski & firearms.

That a 3" 686? Whatever it is... It's nice! Good choice on the M&P, too.

Way to represent Evansville! (Incarcerated at West Side High from 1996-2001)

-J-

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I'd also add Bacon to the list of content.

As for the bedbugs, I too have had that issue. Unfortunately, heating the house to 130 degrees will NOT do anything for you. It might kill a FEW of the adults, but it will only be a small fireline in the face of a raging forest fair.

Your best bet is to get a good steam cleaner that has a high temperature dry steam (meaning it will not leave moisture on things after the steam hits whatever, etc)and use it on everything. Shut off power to your outlets and get even your electrical recepticles. Baseboards, wood floors, walls, ceiling fans, light switches, desks, drawers, everything.

Take all of your washable items out to a laundromat(or if you have the proper equipment at home) and run it through a sanitize/steam dryer cycle.

THEN, I'd suggest getting with the landlord (ALL apartments will need to be done at the same time) and get everything chemically treated.

The concern here is not so much the live bed bugs, it's their eggs. They can stay dormant for over a year, and the eggs are hard as hell to kill. You have to kill the eggs in entirety. The bugs after they hatch don't even HAVE to have a food source for a long time.

Yes, I've had to deal with them before. Cost me about 1k for the pest control. And it took WEEKS to get everything done. We were living out of garbage bags (for our clothes) for quite awhile.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    were you serious about the temperature? how would you heat your house to 130 degrees? can a house heater go that high?

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    thank you. Through the whole thread, I was hopping some one would mention that the preheating your house for summer will not help. It can only cause problems. Warped wood, cracked paint etc.

We had a bit of an issue last summer, we got some bug killer stuff and put in on the bed, and then we got this bag like dealy that we put the mattress in and zipped it up. We cleaned all our stuff like a million times and we were rid of them. We had done just bug killer but that wasn't doing it. getting the fancy bag like thingy for our mattress and pillows is was won the war for us.

I'd also add Bacon to the list of content.

As for the bedbugs, I too have had that issue. Unfortunately, heating the house to 130 degrees will NOT do anything for you. It might kill a FEW of the adults, but it will only be a small fireline in the face of a raging forest fair.

Your best bet is to get a good steam cleaner that has a high temperature dry steam (meaning it will not leave moisture on things after the steam hits whatever, etc)and use it on everything. Shut off power to your outlets and get even your electrical recepticles. Baseboards, wood floors, walls, ceiling fans, light switches, desks, drawers, everything.

Take all of your washable items out to a laundromat(or if you have the proper equipment at home) and run it through a sanitize/steam dryer cycle.

THEN, I'd suggest getting with the landlord (ALL apartments will need to be done at the same time) and get everything chemically treated.

The concern here is not so much the live bed bugs, it's their eggs. They can stay dormant for over a year, and the eggs are hard as hell to kill. You have to kill the eggs in entirety. The bugs after they hatch don't even HAVE to have a food source for a long time.

Yes, I've had to deal with them before. Cost me about 1k for the pest control. And it took WEEKS to get everything done. We were living out of garbage bags (for our clothes) for quite awhile.

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    I live in a small apartment building comprised of 8 units. I have lived here for 5+ years and have never had a single bug problem. Recently, my next door neighbors moved away and left me a very nasty going away present: bed bugs. These little bastards came straight through the wall and started eating me alive! I contacted the landlord and it turns out the most thorough way of killing these things is to heat your apt/house to 130 degrees for 6-8 hours. So the pest control people came to brief me on the treatment and they gave me a 4 page print out of preparations that are to be made beforehand. Very high on the list is "Remove all firearms/ammunition from apt." I guess these people think that my unloaded firearms will randomly explode at 130 degrees. :laugh: Anyway, instead of loading up all my guns and ammo with me when I leave for 8 hours, I figured this would do the trick:
    004.jpg

This picture is the whole reason I made this post. I had to show you guys. I wasn't too thrilled on revealing my little situation, but hey, it's not my fault. **** happens. Anyway, after I put all my handguns in there I couldn't help but step back, laugh, and snap a pic. Beer, sodas, roast beef, and guns! What more could you ask for in your fridge?! This nightmare will be over in a matter of hours. They are supposed to be here to start the treatment at 8AM. Wish me luck.

Is that Yuenghling down in the bottom there? i love that stuff!

Top Bottom