• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    Reloads that is! I took these in trade a while back from another INGO'er and now I don't have a 9mm, so what to do with them? I was told I was not allowed to sell them, but what about trade?

Don't really want to be stuck with them. Thoughts?
    I have 450rds of LRN fmj and 350rds of HP. If I gotta keep em, I will, but prefer to pick another route.

Thanks for all the input fellas/gals!

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    You're not allowed to manufacture reloads for sale without a license. If you didn't reload them, I don't see why you couldn't sell them.

That said, a lot of people will not buy them knowing they are reloads, but not knowing who did it or what components/powder they used.

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    You're not allowed to manufacture reloads for sale without a license. If you didn't reload them, I don't see why you couldn't sell them.

That said, a lot of people will not buy them knowing they are reloads, but not knowing who did it or what components/powder they used.

From what I can read online (which is not always accurate) it is not illegal to sell or trade reloads if downsizing your collection. The same as you don't have to be a FFL to sell a gun you no longer want. If you did the reloads (or purchased the guns) for the intent of selling for a profit, then you are considered a business, and this would be illegal without proper licenses.

Last edited:

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Well, ask yourself this:

If you had a 9mm, would you shoot those rounds? Who reloaded them? Did they know what they were doing? Why did they reload ammo for 9mm and then trade them off? Did one of their earlier reloads blow up their gun?

I will not shoot ANY reloads, unless I turned them out myself, or they were put together by a commercial producer I know I can trust, like Profire, back when Andrew was making ammo.

You've got 800 rounds of WORK, from my perspective; pulling bullets and dumping powder. If you want to shoot them, or can find someone else foolish enough to pay you for the risk associated with doing so, that's cool. With today's market, you might find folks desperate enough to try it. For me...no thanks.

Top Bottom