• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    PARACORD!

A while back I posted photos of a convertible sling that I made for my AR.Since then,I've made a sling for my shotty and taught my wife to weave as well.My latest creation is a refurbishment of my trusty Timex whose leather band was on the way to the grave.Check it out y'all!

Fits great.

The buckle is one of those with a built-in emergency whistle.

I didn't try to be all fancy and weave it in an existing bracelet or anything,just took the simple route and I'm pretty pleased with it.

nobek102

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    That's awesome! Been looking at paracord for a while but never got around to getting any... Now I need it!

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    rape-whistle-accessory.jpg

Sorry, just had to go there, and this is about the cleanest picture I could find. :D

cwilly66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Very cool...I've made TONS of items w/ paracord and it's a versatile tool. If I may, one suggesion when making things with buckles....wrap as much cord as possible into the item you are making by double wrapping the cord through the buckle's cord slots. I notice in your picture that you went around the (what looks to be) 3/4" buckle only one time. IMHO, this is the difference between cheap paracord items and well-made paracord items. And I am by no means calling your item 'cheap'. What I mean is the "offshore" groups that mass-produce items and flood the American market with sub-par paracord junk. Anyway - I digress - when using buckles, try to wrap the cord around the buckle ends as many times as you can. This fills up the cord slot in the buckle, keeps it from moving around, it looks better, and, best of all - gives you more cord in your item without adding substantial bulk. Here's a pic of one of my bracelets to show what I mean:
    pc_bracelet.jpg

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Do you have any photos of your parachord rifle slings? I always thought they would be cool but have never seen any for sale in stores.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom