• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Remington 870 POLICE Magnum with Scattergun Technologies 3-shot extension, 20" Imp. Cyl. barrel, irons, and a Laser Products Corp. fore-end which I understand to be the "original" Sure-fire company. The stock is a factory model from who knows what, I traded the ATI that came with because the grip was to thin. The wrist is to long on this one, so not much improvement.

I picked it up at Target Sports for $375 OTD.

What would YOU add?

I'm thinking a shell carrier, 6 or 8. The 8 would give me a full reload, but the thing is huge! Mesa Tactical likely for this item.

I'm undecided on a stock; I *think* I would like an AR-type set-up, but don't have much experience with the various grips. I've thought about doing the Mesa Tactical LEO adapter with this kit:

Give the hand guard away and I have a stock set that's better (looking) than the Mesa for the same money.
    Question on the adapter: Is the LEO as well made as the Low-Tube? $40 of price difference worth?

Sights are functional as-is, might Dremel the rear notch into a wide "v" and paint the arrow and bead with luminescent fishing lure paint. Unless some kind soul convinces me I *need* the sight set from XS or a Trijicon RMR w/ fiber and tritium. . .;)

Probably should get a new LED head for the fore-end, just to be safe; and a simple sling.

Good enough?:dunno:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    $375!!! Man that forend cost over $300 by itself

NEW SF forearms are ~$300; the ancient ones like his (I had one just like it back in the day!) are more like ~$100 when you find them in the used/misc parts bins at the gun show... but they still work fine. :)

Still, a pretty good deal.

To the OP - that buttstock is the newer style synthetic stock that's coming on some 870s these days.

870-exp-tac-grey-prod.ashx

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    Good find. I'd make it look like this:

870police.jpg

That's my police above so i might be a little biased. I think your rig is pretty much setup proper right now the way it sets. The mag tube being longer than the barrel would visually annoy and I'd probably replace it with a wilson combat of the proper length.

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    That looks like one that I just picked up today from a friend of a friend. Mine is just the Express Magnum with a 3 shot extension tube (7+1), and it has rifle sights. I only gave $260 for mine though ;)
    Tell me how you like that Surefire, I wouldn't mind having one.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    r6vr6, that is a sweet looking gun! I like the light on mine though. . .

As an aside, it was a Hamilton County trade-in.

If someone has a suggestion for a good "standard" stock, let me know. This one has a busted sling attachment point and is a bit long in the wrist for my stubs to reach the trigger. . .

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Last edited:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'd vote for keeping the gun the way it is, I'm not a fan of pistol grips on shotguns but that is just me.

As far as a side saddle mount I've been looking for one for my new 11-87 and the one I think I'm set on is from a company called Vang Comp. It's neat because it uses a Velcro pad to adhere your shells to the receiver. You basically attach the plate to the receiver and the plate has the loop (soft fuzzy side) of the hook & loop on it and you have the shotgun shell holder with the hooks. The theory is to be able to have multiple of the hook shell holders and to peel them off when you finish reloading the shotgun. You'd have to check them out to get a better understanding than my crappy version of their product. Brownell's has them as well.

Detachable Side Ammo Carrier (DSAC) - Vang Comp Systems

bmiller07

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    go with the tactical look, pistol grip with adjustable stock, heat shield on barrel, and put the extra shell carrier on the stock. and maybe a sling

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany

Remington 870 POLICE Magnum with Scattergun Technologies 3-shot extension, 20" Imp. Cyl. barrel, irons, and a Laser Products Corp. fore-end which I understand to be the "original" Sure-fire company. The stock is a factory model from who knows what, I traded the ATI that came with because the grip was to thin. The wrist is to long on this one, so not much improvement.

I picked it up at Target Sports for $375 OTD.

What would YOU add?

I'm thinking a shell carrier, 6 or 8. The 8 would give me a full reload, but the thing is huge! Mesa Tactical likely for this item.

I'm undecided on a stock; I *think* I would like an AR-type set-up, but don't have much experience with the various grips. I've thought about doing the Mesa Tactical LEO adapter with this kit:

Give the hand guard away and I have a stock set that's better (looking) than the Mesa for the same money.
    Question on the adapter: Is the LEO as well made as the Low-Tube? $40 of price difference worth?

Sights are functional as-is, might Dremel the rear notch into a wide "v" and paint the arrow and bead with luminescent fishing lure paint. Unless some kind soul convinces me I *need* the sight set from XS or a Trijicon RMR w/ fiber and tritium. . .;)

Probably should get a new LED head for the fore-end, just to be safe; and a simple sling.

Good enough?:dunno:
    It looks defective, send it to me quickly!! I will make sure it has a safe home!

Top Bottom