So I made a bit of an impulse purchase today...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the new Vortex Viper 1-6x PST 2.0 has my attention and will likely be finding a home on my SCAR 17.
    Check out AA Optics on here. He has some or is in the process of getting more.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    For what its worth, my SCAR 17 wears a 2.5-10. I originally bought it, and put a Razor 1-6 on it, the more I played with it, the rifle shot to well to have the 1-6, so I bumped it up.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Dang, I've made impulse purchases before but you've taken it to the next level... Jealous.

Congrats

That's like my holy grail rifle that I don't know how to justify even if I had the money

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Dang, I've made impulse purchases before but you've taken it to the next level... Jealous.

Congrats

That's like my holy grail rifle that I don't know how to justify even if I had the money

I had the same issue, but I justified it like this.

An AR needs to be set up for ranges (IE, CQB, Mid range, long range) to be effective. The SCAR is so versatile it replaced 3 of my AR's, and easily paid for it self with the sale of the AR's. Now I have the added bonus of being REALLY good with 1 rifle that I shoot all the time vs being decent with 3 rifles that split duty.

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    147   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    I had the same issue, but I justified it like this.

An AR needs to be set up for ranges (IE, CQB, Mid range, long range) to be effective. The SCAR is so versatile it replaced 3 of my AR's, and easily paid for it self with the sale of the AR's. Now I have the added bonus of being REALLY good with 1 rifle that I shoot all the time vs being decent with 3 rifles that split duty.

Did the 2.5-10x cover all the bases as well? I'm wondering more on the CQB front.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I own a vortex strike eagle 1-6x. I mounted it with an ADM quick detach unimount. I am overall pretty pleased with the setup. I have a vortex razor gen1 5-20 on my bolt gun and the strike eagles glass is nowhere near the quality. However, for the price i paid i am happy with its performance. The 6x magnification is plenty to get hits out to 400yds+. Hope this helps. ( I think i paid around $450 for the entire setup)

TubThumper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Westfield
    I ended up buying a TA11H-308G ACOG for the SCAR. It's a 3.5x35mm scope with the green horseshoe and BDC reticle and it's awesome! I've done some "spotting" out to 300 yards in my neighborhood with it and the fixed power seems to work just fine for me. I'm anxious to shoot it out that distance and test it out - just going to require a trip north or south to do so.

I did get to check out a 1-6x strike eagle and found it to be a nice scope for the money! Glass is acceptable and I liked the reticle better in person than online. I may pick one up for my AR as I currently have a red dot on it.

Top Bottom