So I shot in the general direction of clays today.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • X-Ravin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    West Lafayette
    So my future bro-in-law and I went out to the Linden Conservation Club today. That place is awesome and I signed up right away. My bro will too when he gets the money. Anyways everyone was really helpful and nice, and I got to try out my shiney new NEF Pardner pump and shoot clays for the first time...well I shot in the general direction of the clays. Out of 75 clays I think I hit 5 :n00b: But I had a blast and I'm excited to keep practicin' Stan from Applied Ballistics was out there trying to help me out and I think I did absorb some pointers.

The lesson of the day was that in the end, I broke all of the clays...just not necessarily from the shotgun :):

On a side note, I also shot my Mosin for the first time...damn does that thing kick!

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I love shootin clays, especially when you have a group of people and you can play a knockout competition.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    I love shootin clays, especially when you have a group of people and you can play a knockout competition.

Good family event for us.My 3 sons and I have always had a lot of fun (along with cousins and aunts and uncles,too).Shooting clays from an old Winchester electric trap thrower on grandma's country property...........that's good livin":D

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    hey, you guys really need to lay off the clays! we have feelings you know!

Oh, and I fart in your general direction! ;)

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Were you shooting skeet or trap?

Skeet, where the clays come from the sides, is MUCH more difficult.

Trap, where the clays are, more or less, thrown away from where you stand, is much easier to cut your teeth on.

My first time shooting trap was last fall; I was probably right around 66%.

So, next time, see if you can't shoot trap instead?

-J-

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Trap is a ton of fun and a lot easier for beginners (like me), I shot some at a friends place last December. I went out to Atterbury and shot Skeet cause the trap field was taken and that was MUCH harder like Indy_Guy said. I probably got 5 out of the 2 rounds we shot. But still a blast.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Good to seen another LCC member on here. My roommate and I along with a buddy from work all are members and have fun shooting clays down there. Next time you go down shoot me a pm and we cant see if we can get a group going on.

@Indy Guy: My guess would be that he was shooting sporting clays, they have a raised platform that you shoot off of with a launcher under you and back behind you. Its a lot of fun, especially when you get multiple clays out. They do have a trap range that he could have been on, but I think the skeet houses are being worked on atm.

Top Bottom