• Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Yep

for my :twocents:

Step 1: Identify some things you want in the knife. Light, heavy, or middle weight. Serrated or not, how long are you looking for? These things will help get a mindset for you to find what you're looking for.

Step 2: Visit the Knife Lady, coolest gal at the 1500 for sure. Communicate your items from Step 1 to her. Listen......LISTEN!!!! She'll understand what you're saying to her but she knows more than you and will get you to the right knives.

Step 3: Fondle what she shows you, get a feel for them. Choose one.

Step 4: Pay the Knife Lady.

Step 5: Thank the Knife Lady and smile all the way back to your car.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    for my :twocents:

Step 1: Identify some things you want in the knife. Light, heavy, or middle weight. Serrated or not, how long are you looking for? These things will help get a mindset for you to find what you're looking for.

Step 2: Visit the Knife Lady, coolest gal at the 1500 for sure. Communicate your items from Step 1 to her. Listen......LISTEN!!!! She'll understand what you're saying to her but she knows more than you and will get you to the right knives.

Step 3: Fondle what she shows you, get a feel for them. Choose one.

Step 4: Pay the Knife Lady.

Step 5: Thank the Knife Lady and smile all the way back to your car.

:wow: Thanks a lot . I think you need a big discount for all of those nice things you wrote. :thumbsup:

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    :wow: Thanks a lot . I think you need a big discount for all of those nice things you wrote. :thumbsup:

:spend: Discounts of any size help this poor guy. :D

On the very serious side, this is what I think you need to do OP. It's a solid plan of attack that ends up with everyone happy. You'll even get to meet some cool people in the process. Keep looking for attributes you like on the knife, don't trust internets, trust yourself and the Knife Lady, I almost bought a knife online before going to see her because it was talked up so much, she showed it to me, I held it and immediately loathed it. Just saying you may not like what you get without feeling out the options.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    One thing you may want to consider is going old school. If you look at old school knives and hunting rifles, they are usually durable enough and handy/ergonomic enough for regular use. For instance, pick up an old Marbles or Western and feel the handle and examine the blade. They are usually thinner and easier to handle/sharpen. I have paid like 80 bucks on the high end for a used old Marbles that may have some scratch/corrosion issue that I can take care of myself and make the piece completely functional. Not only that, if youre looking for something you might potentially have to use to defend yourself with, an old, well used, well maintained knife looks infinitely more intimidating. If you boil it all down, all knives are are sharp, pointed, pieces of hard material used to cut/chop/slice/stab/etc. Some combos of said material do certain jobs better than others. Thats just the way I look at it. I used to collect knives and got out of it.
    Take that POV however you want. Bottom line is, get what you like the most and whats gonna do the job best.

Rip007

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    AN USMC Kabar, I got one for $68 at the 1500. This is my second one. Got my first in 1980. Excellent knife, does everything I ask it to do. And for $68 not afraid to use it for anything. Why pay $200 for a knife you may never use!

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    AN USMC Kabar, I got one for $68 at the 1500. This is my second one. Got my first in 1980. Excellent knife, does everything I ask it to do. And for $68 not afraid to use it for anything. Why pay $200 for a knife you may never use!

why wouldn't you use it? it's like having a hammer in your hand, everything looks like a nail sir.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA

I dont think you bought it from me I sell them for $60 but due to a price increase (m last week) from my distributor I now sell them $65.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.

Why pay $600 plus for a Sig, Colt or Kimber when you can get a Hi-Point for under $200.00? Answer this question and you will also get the answer for why people spend $200 plus on a knife. Actually $200.00 for a knife is not considered a lot of $ in the knife world and most people use their $200 plus knives unless they are a collectible piece. :twocents:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Actually $200.00 for a knife is not considered a lot of $ in the knife world and most people use their $200 plus knives unless they are a collectible piece. :twocents:

Yeah, I'd love for my knives to only cost $200 a piece. Same way with a lot of other people on here.

And Brad is right again, most people use their expensive knives. You don't really get the full appreciation of a knife that costs $500+ unless you really just beat the **** out of of it :D :D

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Why pay $600 plus for a Sig, Colt or Kimber when you can get a Hi-Point for under $200.00? Answer this question and you will also get the answer for why people spend $200 plus on a knife. Actually $200.00 for a knife is not considered a lot of $ in the knife world and most people use their $200 plus knives unless they are a collectible piece. :twocents:

hey that's my arguement sir :)

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I bought my only fixed blade from Knifelady same reason you want one. I wanted one but have no need for it, I still dont know what Im gonna do with it but it sure is purty! (Ka-bar)

Having a fixed blade is good for one ticket punch on your man card. A folder is good for two punch's because you are going to carry it everywhere. :popcorn:

This is what you do with your fixed blade:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNYf56upj0M

If you want instruction on how to chop please contact Que. ;)

Top Bottom