• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nick4562

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Ok, so I want to mill my slide on my M&P and future pistols if it works good. I was wondering I anyone had a DIY method for adding grip serrations on the slide. Currently I use skateboard tape but would like something permanent. I just don't wanna spend a few hundred bucks to have it done. Thanks!

Co Th G

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Ok, so I want to mill my slide on my M&P and future pistols if it works good. I was wondering I anyone had a DIY method for adding grip serrations on the slide. Currently I use skateboard tape but would like something permanent. I just don't wanna spend a few hundred bucks to have it done. Thanks!

If you have a dremel, then grind away!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    If you have a dremel, then grind away!

Temptation.jpg

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I don't have any machining experience and don't have access to a cnc machine so I couldn't tell you about DIY project, there is a few company's out there that do it but not personal experiences either but I would like also to get forward slide serrations. There is some top slide serrations that I like done also since I like to release the slide with my hand during reloads.

Innovative Gunfighter Solutions - Glock Slide Serrations - Gun Videos

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    That's not something I'd just go and do without having some kind of experience before hand. Get yourself a cheap hipoint to practice on until you're confident that any and all lines that you cut will be straight and uniform. I don't know if that is you goal, but assuming that you're adding serrations, I would practice until its down pat!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    AFA DIY, a nice bastard file will cut the metal pretty damned good, and save you even more than DIY Dremel tool will? If the file works well, buy a Dremel, and gets at grindin!

Voodoo574

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    South Bend/ Mishawaka
    There is a reason Gunsmiths exist. And there is a reason they charge what they do. Because they are PROFESSIONALS. Don't get me wrong, I'm as DIY as they come. But there are certain things that you should really pay to have done. It could mean the difference between a nice job and a pile of scrap metal.:twocents:

Top Bottom