So I was at the Outdoors counter in the Bloomington Wal-mart (New 9mm price)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    I was picking up a few things for my wife and decided to check the ammo counter.

I get there and what do I see? About 6 boxes of 9mm Blazer -- SWEET!

But....wait....They RAISED PRICES

Bloomington Wal-Mart is now selling 9mm Blazer Brass for $13.50/box of 50 rounds.

The guy was stocking it as I arrived and I said "new price on your 9mm, ammo, eh?" And he says "What?" So I point to the Blazer and say "9mm Blazer Brass for $13.50, that's new." He looks at it and says "Same price for 2 years." I say "Huh??????" and stand with mouth agape. He says "I been working here for 2 years and it's been the same price that whole time."

Lines about old geezers run through my head and I decide to leave.

From 8.97/box to 13.50 and all I get is "same price" :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    I have a theory...and it is this:

In general, Wal-Mart gets stocked overnight. So....why not think their ammo counter is the same. I was there around 9:30 or 10:00 PM last night and the worker was in the middle of opening the packages and stocking the ammo shelves. So, I'm guessing that they stock the ammo shelves on the evenings when they get an ammo shipment in. So, 10, 11, midnight, or whenever they stock the shelves that night will be the best time to buy. That's my theory, now shared with INGO :) As I think about it, many of the times that I've seen the 9mm, 40, and 45 on the shelves have been in the late evening when I'm picking up random stuff on my way home....

INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    You're right. I was in Walmart last night and bought the only box of .45 they had. They went in the back to get it for me and had to have a manager approve the sale for some reason.

I have a theory...and it is this:

In general, Wal-Mart gets stocked overnight. So....why not think their ammo counter is the same. I was there around 9:30 or 10:00 PM last night and the worker was in the middle of opening the packages and stocking the ammo shelves. So, I'm guessing that they stock the ammo shelves on the evenings when they get an ammo shipment in. So, 10, 11, midnight, or whenever they stock the shelves that night will be the best time to buy. That's my theory, now shared with INGO :) As I think about it, many of the times that I've seen the 9mm, 40, and 45 on the shelves have been in the late evening when I'm picking up random stuff on my way home....

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I use to work at wally world in the sporting goods dept at night stocking shelves, we would get ammo in almost every night and would stock after midnight..problem was I couldnt sell it,the manager would have to and good luck getting her to come back there to approve a sale:rolleyes: she eventually put a sign up at the counter that said no ammo sales after 10pm.

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    I use to work at wally world in the sporting goods dept at night stocking shelves, we would get ammo in almost every night and would stock after midnight..problem was I couldnt sell it,the manager would have to and good luck getting her to come back there to approve a sale:rolleyes: she eventually put a sign up at the counter that said no ammo sales after 10pm.

Interesting. I've had this problem once or twice--Several times I was able to find someone who could open the counter and get ammo for me but didn't have a cashier number or whatever to check me out. So, I'd take the ammo up front and check out like it was any other item. Haven't had any trouble with it.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    OK, the thought that I was standing there and ammo was at the store, just not stocked doesn't make me less pissed off, amazingly, it has the opposite effect. :xmad:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    But....wait....They RAISED PRICES

" He looks at it and says "Same price for 2 years." I say "Huh??????" and stand with mouth agape. He says "I been working here for 2 years and it's been the same price that whole time."

You are correct sir. I have a receipt from the same Wal-Mart dated 4/24/09 that shows the $8.97 price.

He's either lying, misinformed, has no clue, is going loopy, or whatever.

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    Ok, folks, I have an update. I've received a PM from someone who was in the Bloomington Wal-Mart 2 days ago and bought some Blazer Brass 9mm for $8.97 a box.

So, it looks like the guys stocking the shelves the night I was there was, shall we say, uninformed. I'm going out of town Sunday for 10 days and so don't any time to verify things either way, but hopefully Blazer is still under $10/box and we can all keep stocking up :)

Like I said, it looks like 10 pm to 1 am is the best time to go ammo hunting at the Bloomington Wal-mart.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I bought two boxes of BB 9mm this afternoon for $8.97/box. They had 3 left after I got mine. They had about 3 boxes of BB .40SW too. I think it was $13.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Yeah, late Friday night they had 12 boxes of 9mm bb and 6 boxes of .40 bb so it seems to have stayed on the shelf longer than I expected it too then. I almost bought some but did not.

I still have some .40 that I picked up form WM in Bedford at $4.96 a box last year. I bought all they had, and though it was a good deal then it was the best move ever looking back as I have not had to purchase any during this frenzy yet. They had tons of 50rd boxes at that price and like 7-8 boxes of 100 for like $15 and I had to think about getting the 100 round boxes or not at the time lol. Glad I got them or I'd really be kicking myself now!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    maybe our walmarts are different, but you cant buy ammo here (terre haute) from 10PM -> 8AM (not sure on the 8am part, but I KNOW the 10 PM cut off is correct)

Top Bottom