• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I know you love to play the "FAQ card", but in light of recent correspondence by an INGO member with ISP, the FAQ appears to be incorrect. This was discussed earlier in this thread and the original thread was referenced.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...fetime-ltch-moving-out-state.html#post4591875

Chezuki is correct, a more recent correspondence with ISP resulted in a letter being sent to the person asking what happens when he moves out of state. The FAQ may need to be updated to reflect the letter he received. It reads as follows:

Subject: RE: Lifetime LTCH and moving out of state

Mr. Siegel,

You must change your address. Attached is the form for requesting an address change and/duplicate license. I am not sure who you may have spoken to in 2008 however you are correct that lifetime permits continue to be valid if you move. However, do check to make sure that your current state recognizes the Indiana permit even though you are their resident.

Indiana State Police

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I know you love to play the "FAQ card", but in light of recent correspondence by an INGO member with ISP, the FAQ appears to be incorrect. This was discussed earlier in this thread and the original thread was referenced.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...fetime-ltch-moving-out-state.html#post4591875

Chezuki is correct, a more recent correspondence with ISP resulted in a letter being sent to the person asking what happens when he moves out of state. The FAQ may need to be updated to reflect the letter he received. It reads as follows:

Subject: RE: Lifetime LTCH and moving out of state

Mr. Siegel,

You must change your address. Attached is the form for requesting an address change and/duplicate license. I am not sure who you may have spoken to in 2008 however you are correct that lifetime permits continue to be valid if you move. However, do check to make sure that your current state recognizes the Indiana permit even though you are their resident.

Indiana State Police

I "love to play the FAQ card"? I'm not even sure what that means. I'm sorry if you're offended that I referenced it, but that's why it's there. In any case, I'm not sure how that contradicts the FAQ. You still have to notify the ISP if you move. It doesn't matter if you move out of state or not. As for the license being "active" or "inactive", I agree that the ISP's position may have changed, but I think it would be up to the state AG to make that determination, not the ISP, and especially in light of two contradictory statements from said agency.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I "love to play the FAQ card"? I'm not even sure what that means. I'm sorry if you're offended that I referenced it, but that's why it's there.

Whoa... I think you took that way more seriously than intended.

IIRC, back when you were a more active member, you were often the one to direct people to the FAQ when it covered a subject that was being brought up for the umpteenth time. I thought it was a good thing then and I still do. In fact, I've been known to do the same thing.

I was merely pointing out that in this case, we have newer evidence that is contrary to what is posted in the FAQ. I certainly meant no offense by it.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Whoa... I think you took that way more seriously than intended.

IIRC, back when you were a more active member, you were often the one to direct people to the FAQ when it covered a subject that was being brought up for the umpteenth time. I thought it was a good thing then and I still do. In fact, I've been known to do the same thing.

I was merely pointing out that in this case, we have newer evidence that is contrary to what is posted in the FAQ. I certainly meant no offense by it.

Same here, no offense intended. Since many states decided our "Right Endowed By Our Creator" is only permissable if you have some kind of paper issued by a state, it's important to know which side of the law you stand on. The letter seemed pretty clear, I would like to see the ISP update their web site or actually spell it out in the law that can be quoted for defense in court should it ever come up. The Letter from the ISP is definitely the version that would benefit us more.

Top Bottom