• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I put in my two weeks at my current job, because I took another job with the city. The last two people that were in my position left because of the same reasons that I am and they both gave their two week notices and both were fired a day or two after putting in their two weeks. After I gave her my notice she was clearly mad and shut the door to offices and made some phone calls. Then she came out and said when I arrive at work tomorrow to do a full write up of what I'm working and what customers they are for. This, at least to me, was a pretty big red flag. Considering I am supposed to be working there for another two weeks and could probably finish most, if not all the projects in that time. This job is hands down the worst job I have ever had and I will have no sadness in leaving, but not having a pay check for two weeks until my other job starts will stink... I'm strongly considering just not showing up in the morning, but that is also an extremely sh!tty thing to do. But so is firing someone after they put their two weeks. Anyone else been in a similar situation?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I put in my two weeks at my current job, because I took another job with the city. The last two people that were in my position left because of the same reasons that I am and they both gave their two week notices and both were fired a day or two after putting in their two weeks. After I gave her my notice she was clearly mad and shut the door to offices and made some phone calls. Then she came out and said when I arrive at work tomorrow to do a full write up of what I'm working and what customers they are for. This, at least to me, was a pretty big red flag. Considering I am supposed to be working there for another two weeks and could probably finish most, if not all the projects in that time. This job is hands down the worst job I have ever had and I will have no sadness in leaving, but not having a pay check for two weeks until my other job starts will stink... I'm strongly considering just not showing up in the morning, but that is also an extremely sh!tty thing to do. But so is firing someone after they put their two weeks. Anyone else been in a similar situation?

The few times I have gave notice I was asked to clear out my truck. Since then I give them my keys with my notice. SSaves a lot of headaches.
    Sometimes employers have no honor.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Never stoop to their level, calmly finish the job to best of your ability and leave politely if they show you the door. Smile and maintain steady eye contact.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    The few times I have gave notice I was asked to clear out my truck. Since then I give them my keys with my notice. SSaves a lot of headaches.
    Sometimes employers have no honor.

In hindsight that's what I would have done. I'm honestly thinking about going in this evening and clearing out my service truck so that she isn't there when I do

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Try this:
    write a factual, non-emotional report on why you're leaving. Send to your boss, and her boss.

Since you already have a new job lined up and essentially nothing to lose (ok, a whole pay period. I've been there and it sux). It doesn't sound like you're going to be invited to an exit interview, somebody's got to point out the 800 lb. gorilla, why not you?

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    Try this:
    write a factual, non-emotional report on why you're leaving. Send to your boss, and her boss.

Since you already have a new job lined up and essentially nothing to lose (ok, a whole pay period. I've been there and it sux). It doesn't sound like you're going to be invited to an exit interview, somebody's got to point out the 800 lb. gorilla, why not you?

I'm the sixth person in this position in the last five years and the turn over for our office part time help is about every three months. I think that basically speaks for itself and it hasn't thrown a red flag for anyone in upper management.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Being unemployed for two weeks isn't that bad. If you knew this was a likelihood, why did you give two weeks notice? Why not just quit the same day you start your new job?

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I've always felt it was the right thing to do

I agree..but then again, you don't owe anything to an employer who treats you so poorly, especially if they don't feel like they owe you the courtesy of letting you work out your 2 weeks.

Top Bottom