So I'm working LP in b-ripple (warning, rant)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JusAdSumBellum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Central IN
    I see 3 males 1 female late teens early twenties walk in in a group. I notice one of them has a S&W Sigma tucked into his belt with some cheap under the pants holster. His t-shirt is untucked every where except around his weapon. His associate is wearing a green t-shirt with "POLICE" emblazoned in yellow letter on the front and back. They all look like they woke up to cash a bowl and get some munchies.

They are lingering around the liquor aisle picking up bottles of alcohol and setting them down. One of them picks up a case of beer walks around with it and sets it down. I'm hard pressed to say that these kids are old enough to purchase alcohol let alone that one of them is an LEO.

I wanted to ask him to cover it up but the GM says there is no policy about OCing in the store, so i let it go. I felt bad for wanting to ask him to cover it up.

Eventually they exit the store with out making any selections.

Someone who works at the store I was LPing for tells me they come in all the time and that the one with the POLICE shirt is not an LEO.

I know that this forum has a lot of debate going on as far as OC and CC. For the most part, my mind has been changed as far as OC goes but this "kid" enforced some negative stereotypes I have over OCing.

If you are OCing for socio-political reasons make sure you act the part. I wanted to tell the guy that he was hurting our cause, but i wasnt so sure he hadn't stolen anything.

When I dress like a slob (almost always) I CC. If I look nice, I OC.

Just my :twocents:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I see 3 males 1 female late teens early twenties walk in in a group. I notice one of them has a S&W Sigma tucked into his belt with some cheap under the pants holster. His t-shirt is untucked every where except around his weapon. His associate is wearing a green t-shirt with "POLICE" emblazoned in yellow letter on the front and back. They all look like they woke up to cash a bowl and get some munchies.

They are lingering around the liquor aisle picking up bottles of alcohol and setting them down. One of them picks up a case of beer walks around with it and sets it down. I'm hard pressed to say that these kids are old enough to purchase alcohol let alone that one of them is an LEO.

I wanted to ask him to cover it up but the GM says there is no policy about OCing in the store, so i let it go. I felt bad for wanting to ask him to cover it up.

Eventually they exit the store with out making any selections.

Someone who works at the store I was LPing for tells me they come in all the time and that the one with the POLICE shirt is not an LEO.

I know that this forum has a lot of debate going on as far as OC and CC. For the most part, my mind has been changed as far as OC goes but this "kid" enforced some negative stereotypes I have over OCing.

If you are OCing for socio-political reasons make sure you act the part. I wanted to tell the guy that he was hurting our cause, but i wasnt so sure he hadn't stolen anything.

When I dress like a slob (almost always) I CC. If I look nice, I OC.

Just my :twocents:

I like your reasoning. A friend of mine OCs regularly to make the point that OC folks are safe and responsible. Yet, when I see him unshaved, unkempt in T-shirt and dirty jeans, I wish he would CC just so he does not give me a bad rep. One of the things I admire about the ex-military folks is that most of them maintain the discipline of looking disciplined. T-shirt and jeans are fine if they are clean. As one punk said, "Image is everything." :twocents: Flame retardant suit is firmly in place, with military precison. ;) BTW, I did not serve in the military. Just admire and honor those who did.:patriot:

Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    When you don't know.... Assume the best from people BUT be prepared for the worst just in case.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    I have to Dress "NICE" For work everyday , so I pretty much dress down everyday I am not at work , T shirt jeans , Camo shirt , Camo cargo shorts ....

But I CC At all times , not because of the way I dress , (i am a firm believer ,if you dont like the way someone dresses turn your head )..
    But i CC because I dont like anyone knowing what I carry .
    If a BG walks up on me I want the advantage of having the suprise on him/her..

Noone elses buisness what I carry ..I feel (just my :twocents:) most people (repeat most people)
    OC for some sort of status Look At ME type situation ...again Just my :twocents:

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    I feel (just my :twocents:) most people (repeat most people) OC for some sort of status Look At ME type situation ...again Just my :twocents:

There really isn't a tactical advantage to OC. However, in this political and social climate, many of us feel that there is something greater than tactical advantage to be gained by letting the world (civilians, cops, etc...) see us--law abiding citizens--with guns.

I will add that when I OC, I am also CCing =) Always have a backup...

Furthermore, I know a number of people who OC, and they all do it for the same reasons that I do. I have yet to speak with one OCer who I believed had a look-at-me-I'm-macho-cool motive. Not that they aren't out there, but I don't think that the majority of people who advocate OC have this mentality.

When I started OCing, if anything I felt self-conscious. I didn't feel "cool."

I would never OC like the example in the original post. I always OC in a strong side, well-made, leather, OWB holster with a retention strap. And though I try to appear casual (I don't want civilians to think I'm a cop or else the purpose is defeated), I always attempt to look clean and friendly. I am not out to intimidate but to welcome would-be gun owners to the fold.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    This is one reason why some responsible folks OC. If all the public saw was young punks in baggy pants with a 'Glock Fo-tay' in their waistband, then that would set the public perception. If the public were to see your normal, every-man with a properly holstered sidearm, then that would set the perception. After exposure to both, we would learn that it is not the sidearm that makes the man, but his actions.

+1 to the OP for correctly enforcing the store policy. These kids were likely just trying to impress each other (and the girl). No laws broken, no harm done. Likely failed in their mission, though :D

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    This is one reason why some responsible folks OC. If all the public saw was young punks in baggy pants with a 'Glock Fo-tay' in their waistband, then that would set the public perception. If the public were to see your normal, every-man with a properly holstered sidearm, then that would set the perception. After exposure to both, we would learn that it is not the sidearm that makes the man, but his actions.

+1 to the OP for correctly enforcing the store policy. These kids were likely just trying to impress each other (and the girl). No laws broken, no harm done. Likely failed in their mission, though :D

+1 to these sentiments. I completely agree.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Ehh, I dont see any dress code requirements on my LTCH.
    There's not on on there. It isn't up to the .gov to make judgements about every decision we citizens make. There's no law about acting or looking like a douche when you carry, just a bunch of your peers requesting you don't.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    When I was in high school, I worked LP,AP,Security (whatever you want to call it) at a large retail store. It's amazing what people will do when they think no one is watching...

Kind of wish I would have taken the mix tape we made with all the idiots, nose pickers, dancers, fighters, ninjas, clowns, weirdos, etc. with me when I left.

JusAdSumBellum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Central IN
    Ehh, I dont see any dress code requirements on my LTCH.

yea, but you probably don't look like the kind of people I catch shoplifting all day.

These kids did.

My original thought was that these jerks are gonna grab a case of beer and try to walk out the front door thinking no one will say anything to them cause of the gun in his waistband.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Well, can't carry at work. Soon as I CAN carry after I get off shift, though, it's being OC'd. I'm dirty from head to toe, clothes and my poor little swollen footed body. I'll be darned if I'm gonna drag my butt home and slap on a shirt and tie just to satisfy some snob. If someone can't handle a little honestly earned dirt to go with my gun, **** 'em.

Lovin' my new job, btw, but can't wait to get my company fork truck training done so I can get off my feet LOL.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    why worry about it?

2nd amendment applies to all American's, regardless of how they are dress.
    +1

The stereo typing and juvenile lumping off all persons into the same group needs to end.

We are INDIVIDUALS. Period.

I went into starbucks for a mocha frap the other day, I always OC into starbucks ... except that day, I was dirty and slovenly after a long day working in the yard. I covered up.

My choice and anyone who pretends it's anything else or attempts to look down upon anyone for it is a condescending ####bag.

The same thing can be applied to anyone. Especially all you big boys with your dunlops*. Dirty could just be a one day freak of nature, but that spare tire is something you've been working on for years. Same goes for old, young, gay or whatever. Guns are normal. People who work hard for a living are normal. Old people, fat people, young people ad nauseum are all NORMAL.

Get over it, yourself and this collectivist B.S.

*Dunlop.... your belly is so fat, it dun lop'ed over your belt. :):

kcw12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2008
    I open carry pretty well on a daily basis when im not at work. (darned no guns in schools) anyways if you look like this

wigger.jpg

or

wigger.jpg

your probably going to get the cops called on your if your carrying a gun, regardless if your acting like a dumb ass or not.
    Now if these find young men happen to be wearing clothes that fit no dew rag, shirt tucked in and had a haircut they would have no trouble carrying arms.

Its all about perception of the people. Tv portrays those punks as being evil. So most think there about to hit up a liquor store.

Top Bottom