• Which one?

• Total voters

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    My only loyalty is to Verizon. Recently upgraded to an iphone from a droid x, and couldnt be happier.

sonofagun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2011
    Bedford, IN
    My only loyalty is to Verizon. Recently upgraded to an iphone from a droid x, and couldnt be happier.
    Haven't used a droid, but the wife and I sure love our iPhones.

Customer service so far has been:

Day 0: wife drenches her iPhone with coffee, no longer works. Go online and follow instructions to get repaired, download the shipping instructions.

Day 1: Take to FedEx after work. No cost to me.

Day 2: Email from Apple let me know they are looking at it and will ship a new phone ASAP

Day 3: Phone call from my daughter while at work saying we received a new iPhone via FedEx.

:)

Edit: Verizon customer

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    I see droid is taking the lead, IMO, the iPhone is definitely the better phone.

Android Market has way more free junk, and I do mean junk....theres alot of just dumb apps there.

iPhone is going to cost more in the app store...but it seems to be worth it.

iPhone has the better camera, and to me, the android OS was lacking, and unstable. I was told to root, and run a custom rom, to fix random reboots and tons of force close problems. That didnt fix anything. I went through about a half dozen replacement phones before deciding to go to the iphone.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I highly advise not getting a Droid. I hate mine. It always freezes up, turns off on its own, and force closes apps. Its a total POS. As soon as mine takes a crap, which im sure it wont be long, Im getting a regular old flip phone with none of this fancy crap so I can quit paying these bull**** mandatory data fees.

Oh yeah, and this is my second one that has done this. How do all you people actually like these things?

Last edited:

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I'm on AT&T and have had every iPhone from original release including the POS 4S. 4S made me switch to a Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket which is 4G LTE. Since Nov when I got it I only had one issue of force closing and freezing but that was my fault for removing or trying to remove the carrier reporting bug. Restored and rooted and it's been fine since. I guess you really need to figure out what level you are at and decide from there. Do you have a smart phone now? Do you need one or will it be worth it for you for the added data plan if you currently don't have one? What is your experience level, i.e. do you like to tinker around with things or just take what is given to you?

What I like about Android:
    1) In the market, if you buy a junk app, you can "return" it and get your money back. Also many apps that cost $$ in iTunes App Store are free in Android Market. Apple does have a bigger app store but man they have some real junk they allow to get in there.
    2) 4G LTE, the speed is amazing if you are in an LTE market, even 4G is getter than the 3G offering of iPhone. IMO, it was a huge miss by Apple to not at least make the 4S a 4G phone, the dual antenna deal they tried to claim is 4G like speeds isn't, and doesn't come close.
    3) Being able to choose what client I want to use for email or texts. Also browser choice and the fact that google doesn't have a hard on for Flash.
    4) Battery life on my Skyrocket is far an above what the 4S offered. After going through 2 different 4S phones without luck and turning off a multitude of functions making what was a smart phone a half ignorant phone, I really got fed up.
    5) and this is more phone dependent but I like the bigger screen on the Skyrocket. I was unsure of the size at first but after about a week I really decided I liked the slightly bigger phone and screen size.
    6) no dropped calls. I can really say I have not experienced one dropped call since I switched. Could be related to 4G network as well.
    7) Rooting is easy and seems to be more support for it as opposed to jail breaking an iPhone.
    8) Newer phones have the newer faster processors. For those that say Droid lagged, I'd be interested in hearing what processor you had.
    iPhone advantages:
    1) The camera is far better. Not really happy with the picture quality on the Skyrocket but I really didn't get it for the camera, it's just a convenience for snapping something quick at work or something strange I may run into in my travels.
    2) Pretty simple and straightforward in function. Heck my son was 2 and could get through it from a locked screen into the folders and find his apps or games and play without asking for assistance
    3) umm, well that is all

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Whatever route you go, avoid Windows 7 Mobile operating system. I had 2 HTCs with Win 6.0 Mobile and they were great but 7.0 and 7.5 SUCK.

Win 7 Mobile lets you download ring tones, but you can't use them as a ring tone. All you can do is play them as an audio file. You can't use a USB and transfer files to your phone - only a few file types can be sent via Zune to your phone.

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Okay, I'll admit it..... I have a Tracfone. But I have my reasons!

1. I don't use my cell that much and can't justify spending the money for a fancy schmancy phone.

2. I still have a land line phone.

3. I don't want people calling me at any given time just to ask me some namby pamby questions that could have waited till I got home.

4. It's fun to torture my teen because all his friends have cooler phones. My answer to that is, " You're not having a better phone than me, and I'm not paying for it!" He has a Tracfone too.

5. It's just a cellphone.... it serves it purpose. If I get stuck in my car surrounded by a gang of rabid animals, I can call for help. I don't need to play Angry Birds while I wait to be rescued.

6. I can use the money I save to get a new gun!!!!!!! Can you say WINNING!!!! :D

The Stig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Eastern Greene
    Any phone would be better than my WalMart trac-phone (which works well enough for its purpose) or my GOV issued Blackberry.

I guess I am getting spoiled and would like more. Some of the applications that I desire would be very useful.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Currently, I have t-mobile and a samsung galaxy s phone. A year ago, I loved the phone. Now, it's starting to act up and I have a year left on my contract. One year to go until I switch to Verizon and get (probably) an iPhone.

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    I'm on AT&T and have had every iPhone from original release including the POS 4S. 4S made me switch to a Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket which is 4G LTE. Since Nov when I got it I only had one issue of force closing and freezing but that was my fault for removing or trying to remove the carrier reporting bug. Restored and rooted and it's been fine since. I guess you really need to figure out what level you are at and decide from there. Do you have a smart phone now? Do you need one or will it be worth it for you for the added data plan if you currently don't have one? What is your experience level, i.e. do you like to tinker around with things or just take what is given to you?

What I like about Android:
    1) In the market, if you buy a junk app, you can "return" it and get your money back. Also many apps that cost $$ in iTunes App Store are free in Android Market. Apple does have a bigger app store but man they have some real junk they allow to get in there.
    2) 4G LTE, the speed is amazing if you are in an LTE market, even 4G is getter than the 3G offering of iPhone. IMO, it was a huge miss by Apple to not at least make the 4S a 4G phone, the dual antenna deal they tried to claim is 4G like speeds isn't, and doesn't come close.
    3) Being able to choose what client I want to use for email or texts. Also browser choice and the fact that google doesn't have a hard on for Flash.
    4) Battery life on my Skyrocket is far an above what the 4S offered. After going through 2 different 4S phones without luck and turning off a multitude of functions making what was a smart phone a half ignorant phone, I really got fed up.
    5) and this is more phone dependent but I like the bigger screen on the Skyrocket. I was unsure of the size at first but after about a week I really decided I liked the slightly bigger phone and screen size.
    6) no dropped calls. I can really say I have not experienced one dropped call since I switched. Could be related to 4G network as well.
    7) Rooting is easy and seems to be more support for it as opposed to jail breaking an iPhone.
    8) Newer phones have the newer faster processors. For those that say Droid lagged, I'd be interested in hearing what processor you had.
    iPhone advantages:
    1) The camera is far better. Not really happy with the picture quality on the Skyrocket but I really didn't get it for the camera, it's just a convenience for snapping something quick at work or something strange I may run into in my travels.
    2) Pretty simple and straightforward in function. Heck my son was 2 and could get through it from a locked screen into the folders and find his apps or games and play without asking for assistance
    3) umm, well that is all

This^^

I've had both and nothing has performed better than my HTC G2 or come even close. Iphone doesn't play flash, forces you to use Itunes, and charges for apps that are free in the droid market. The 4G speeds blow Apple away.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Didn't answer the Poll because I just need the Basics. My 5 year old cell e-mails, texts and makes calls and thats All I need or want in a cell. Sprint has limited my new phone choices forcing me to drop them when I upgrade to just a basic system :noway: I'll be going Trac or

Top Bottom