• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If you do not address the mental health problems, nothing will change. Just the weapon used.:twocents:

You can't stop people from becoming murderous. You can work hard to reduce the number...but mental health will always be an issue. The biggest problem here is that we have huge buildings full of defenseless people. How anyone can possibly think it's a good idea is beyond me. :dunno:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    God damn this talk!

I want every American to have a gun or at least feel comfortable/confident handling one!

I hope members of every ethnic group, creed and sexual preference buy a gun soon and learn to use it, even if they put it up in their hall closet after their first trip to the range.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    The teachers would resist being armed. Too macho, to "cowboy". Most teachers are leftwingers, often feminists, who despise male behavior. Thus they want to medicate boys who act like boys. Sort of the Victorian belief that all men are beasts.
    Too many people have given up their right and responsibility of self defense. They have accepted that nice and civilized will free them from the messy business self defense because the government is and will provide. Anger is not a sin and sometimes the "macho-beast" is precisely what is needed.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    This debate is going on all over the place. We will see new laws from this and we will all be affected. They will not come to our homes and take our weapons, that would lead to a civil unrest across the county.
    If you want a gun you better buy it now before changes are made. Be prepared to pay a premium for any rifle or semi-auto pistol.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This debate is going on all over the place. We will see new laws from this and we will all be affected. They will not come to our homes and take our weapons, that would lead to a civil unrest across the county.
    If you want a gun you better buy it now before changes are made. Be prepared to pay a premium for any rifle or semi-auto pistol.

Thus they are getting what they wanted, to make firearms so expensive that only those with high incomes can afford one. Or afford to be able to shoot.

Yes, they will not create a police state. The left is as much afraid of that as libertarians are. They do fear that the masses might rise up against them. I am not even sure that any gun control laws would pass the senate. Too many dems really do not want it. More likely just a lot of noise but little action. Nice way to fund raise.

Remember that the progressives do not like to get their hands dirty. Thus they try to solve everything via technology, symbolic laws (send a message) or merely talking it to death (process). It is more about them feeling good about themselves than real solutions. They need us so that they can feel superior to someone.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    NBC is reporting that many pro gun republicans are now changing their views.

Also reporting Te the fun related deaths. Not much attention in the guy in china that stabed all the kids (guns are banned in china).

Or all the stabbings or people killed by drunk drivers every year... Not even fox news will report on that.....

At least try are talking about the mental disorders and violent video games...

I can see gun show loop holes being closed... Doubt an assault weapons ban to the point of not being able to own one will happen but you never know... History shows that something else big will happen and deflect attention...

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Just remember that Obama will be going on vacation at the end of January. At that point he will focus on golf. Gun control is just too much work.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    The teachers would resist being armed. Too macho, to "cowboy". Most teachers are leftwingers, often feminists, who despise male behavior. Thus they want to medicate boys who act like boys. Sort of the Victorian belief that all men are beasts.

How did you get like this? This has to be an act.

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    I've speculated about how gun control will be implemented into the U.S. and ultimately, it will be the result of a culture war that will take a couple of generations.

They are not going to kick in our doors and take our guns, that would be far too difficult a process. It will be a gradual, concentrated effort of propaganda and population programming. It will be propagated throughout the indoctrination process of our education system and reinforced daily by 24 hour media.

How many times have we heard the term assault weapon? How many people here own an assault weapon? I'm guessing, very, very few but the language is powerful and paints a picture in the public's mind. Now every black rifle whether it be a military issued M16 or a tricked out Ruger 10/22 is an assault rifle based upon its appearance. Another buzz word is "semi-automatic". It's amazing how many people throw this word around that know absolutely nothing about guns, but use this term with great authority. Why? Because they are programmed by the media in the same way that radio disc jockeys could make a song popular, Repetition......

As the American public is pressed into a fear driven frenzy by non-stop media propaganda, politicians will legislate accordingly. If passing a gun law means re-election, then yes, let's do that and say it's for the children and placate a population of fearful citizens. Eventually, anti-gun rhetoric will become a part of the classroom in our compulsory education system (like it is on college campus right now) and we will have new generations of kids that have a built-in bias toward gun control and eventually, a gun ban.

This process has been used for a great many social causes and has proven quite effective. Political correctness will erase language, social pressure will censor behaviour and belief systems, our culture as a whole will assimilate a new set of values and belief systems, based upon the popular opinion of the masses. Of course, their opinion has been determined for them.

The good news is that it will take a couple of generations to do this. More good news is that our grandchildren will probably not know the difference and wonder with great amazement how people could own their very own guns and shoot them in the old days. The bad news, well, the bad news is that we know differently. That there was a time in this country where men and women were free and cherished their constitutional rights. Our generation is witness to the slow death of Freedom and unwilling spectators of the decline of what was once, the greatest country in the history of the world.

It was a great run, I will remember this time in history as bittersweet. I'm sorry to see it change, but I'm so grateful that I got to live and enjoy it.

God bless America.

:twocents:

Top Bottom