• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    I feel like I'm contemplating everything. I think I have gun fever. Here is the things going through my head.

Do I want to mess with another caliber? I currently do not use the 40 or the 38.
    Why is 38 the only thing left on the shelves? Just an observation I've made the last couple of visits. I live in the boonies so I don't see many shops.
    Do I want to purchase 1911? My fear is they will go up if we have a cap on magazine capacity.
    Do I want to wait/gamble and see how the market reacts this Spring? It seems like I get what I want in the Spring and find myself lucky with the selection at the LGS.
    Should I transfer my buying habits and load up on ammo? Will ammo increase more than guns?

Any suggestions on a handgun in 40 caliber?
    Do I purchase Glock 30S .45 or a 1911 (S&W, Ruger, Springfield)?

Nemick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Fishers
    Wasn't 38 almost impossible to get after the first Obama election? I seem to remember it was very scarce. Perhaps people stockpiled after that?

I could never see the attraction of 1911's, but I bought one for evaluation. It is by far my favorite pistol now. I can't really define it, it just feels right to me. I've never shot a Glock 30S, so I can't compare each. I'm sure the Glock is a great pistol though.

In my humble opinion, ammo is going to be the tool used by the gun control advocates. Like you, I've got the guns, I'm saving ammo now. Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom