• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    I doubt the otters were able to eat all the little minnows in your pond, so given time, the fish will be back. You can hasten the process by feeding them fish food pellets. They come in 50 pound bags from the local feed store. Of course, long term, you're going to have to deal with the otters. My dad has a 12 acre bass and bluegill pond down south, and otters are made to feel unwelcome. The ones that don't get the message seem to all be allergic to lead.

Spot On. I've eliminated beavers and muskrats, kept turtles in check, and chased off geese for years. If you make life uncomfortable for unwanted critters they will leave. Your pond life will come back with time and maybe some restocking, sucks you have to go through it.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    People do fish out small ponds at night. Where I used to live chasing out "midnight fish thieves " was nearly a full time job all summer.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Come'on, they're too cute to be mad at them.

e982de8743490446791439b8f4c3a6b6b71e04e2406aa744ca73d0c1628809cf

"I caught a fish this big!"

Lumpy76

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Hebron
    Man, sorry to hear this. I would be pissed too. Just moved and have a small pond in the back. I knew nothing about ponds when we got here. I was happy to see the muskrats at first cause, you know, nature. Now they get #4 shot whenever I see them. Still trying to figure out a lot of things. Hope they didn't get them all.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Whatever it was, they would be a menace to your property. Right? (I think that's the legal term)
    Therefore can't you dispose of that menace?

Legal or not I'm sure they'll grill up just fine. Probably taste a bit fishy but still edible.

Pembertont

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 29, 2014
    Pittsboro
    Man I feel your pain on this one. We have two small ponds on our place that used to be loaded with bass and bluegill. A beaver invasion was followed by a two year battle for supremacy. The beaver eventually lost the fight, but both lakes suffered big time before it was all over.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Man I feel your pain on this one. We have two small ponds on our place that used to be loaded with bass and bluegill. A beaver invasion was followed by a two year battle for supremacy. The beaver eventually lost the fight, but both lakes suffered big time before it was all over.

Not to be a wiseguy, but I believe beaver are vegetarian, so it must have been something else that ate your fish?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Top Bottom