So my 6th wedding anniversary is this weekend...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Congrats. Fortunately, the 6th anniversary IS iron or candy. Should have got her a new enameled cast iron Le Creuset to go with it, too.

I got her a nice Tramontina enameled skillet for either her birthday or Christmas last year.

I did see a whole set of Le Creuset on Amazon the other day, though. Definitely can't swing the cost of that one.

I was actually looking for some "light weight" cast iron skillets with lids - but couldn't find anything cost permissible.

My email tells me that her present has arrived - I'm going to go home and wrap it in tissue paper and put it in a Victoria's Secret bag for safe keeping!

Woo!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

In order to maximize your presentation:

As soon as she opens and reacts to the wonderful surprise, you immediately slap her on the butt and tell her to get back in the kitchen and make you pie.

Please have a video camera pre-positioned for us.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Ok - I did get out a singular pound of bacon the other day - but not in time to cook actually on our anniversary.

Bacon press worked/works great! Honestly, this particular one is a bit too heavy for wimpy bacon. It's more of a sear / sandwich press. But it still works!

I fried up the bacon... Then trimmed & cubed 7 chicken thighs (half of a big package) - then browned the chicken in the pan with the cooked-on bacon goodies (I did pour off the grease every time I re-loaded the pan with more bacon).

Chopped up the bacon...added the chicken...added some ranch dressing... All wrapped up in some cheesy tortillas we discovered yesterday. Chicken bacon ranch wraps! Yummy.

My wife did ask me how the press worked. I told her "gravity".

That was, apparently, the wrong answer. :-(

Top Bottom