So there are 'too many self defense' shootings here...???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    It will be with enough self defense shootings. Just saying. You kill the violent offenders and they can’t do it again.
    Mears is playing 5D chess while you guys play checkers. Let innocent people kill the criminals, so he doesn't have to prosecute them, thus allowing him to say hes a man of the people. Crime numbers still decrease because criminals are dying, so he looks like a hero. Dems vote for him because he's soft on crime. Moderates vote for him because crime is decreasing. The perfect equilibrium for a Dem prosecutor in a midsize Dem city.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Mears is playing 5D chess while you guys play checkers. Let innocent people kill the criminals, so he doesn't have to prosecute them, thus allowing him to say hes a man of the people. Crime numbers still decrease because criminals are dying, so he looks like a hero. Dems vote for him because he's soft on crime. Moderates vote for him because crime is decreasing. The perfect equilibrium for a Dem prosecutor in a midsize Dem city.
    1712027890595.jpeg

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I believe the correct way to do it is to challenge your opponent to a dual. You just can't draw down on someone. That's an unfair advantage.:chuck:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    "Never trust anything you read on the internet". Abraham Lincoln
    Snopes it! I don't know why people keep attributing this to Lincoln; it was Ben Franklin. He was planting the seeds of distrust in electronic media because he knew it would be the end of print news and he was too vested in print to let it die without a fight.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    ...in Indianapolis - “What's upsetting to me is, if you look at the month of January, I think we had 18 homicides during that month,” said Marion County Prosecutor Ryan Mears. “Fourteen of those were being investigated for self-defense, meaning that someone lost their life, and that case might ultimately be cleared. But that doesn't do anything for that family who lost someone."

https://www.facebook.com/The2AProje...like-hes-disappointed-that-v/728461222824218/

Thankfully we have pro-gun attorney Guy Relford (of "Tthe Gun Guy" radio show) in town.

The Marion County Prosecutor needs to be replaced.

mears can GTH

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We need more self-defense killings. Those who are merely shot in self-defense and live to commit additional mopery don't help the situation. Self-defense killings have long term positive effects. "What about kids left fatherless." Well, it's not like most people killed in self-defense were a positive influence on the next generation anyway...if they saw them at all.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    $crew Mears! If he did what a prosecutor is supposed to do and help put criminals in jail there would be several citizens who would probably still be alive if their killers had been put away for their earlier crimes. What is wrong with these idiot liberal prosecutors all over the country? When will they ever learn that locking up recidivist criminals for good is what’s needed to help curb crime?
    :horse:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    $crew Mears! If he did what a prosecutor is supposed to do and help put criminals in jail there would be several citizens who would probably still be alive if their killers had been put away for their earlier crimes. What is wrong with these idiot liberal prosecutors all over the country? When will they ever learn that locking up recidivist criminals for good is what’s needed to help curb crime?
    There's nothing "wrong" with them, they are doing exactly what they think is the right way to "win."

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    If a "Prosecutor" is letting criminals walk and not prosecuting them, then there is a reason for that: they WANT the crime rate to go up. A lot. The best way to get people to relinquish their freedom is to put them in fear and then promise to protect them. It is just a means to an end - in this case establishing an authoritarian State.

Antique Medic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2024
    Seymour, IN
    Well said !

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I'm not surprised that the left would be upset over self defense shootings as it does **** all over their narrative that guns can't save lives from violent criminal types when they in fact do and the libs obviously want to suppress that factual truth.

jbryants

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2024
    Indianapolis
    ...in Indianapolis - “What's upsetting to me is, if you look at the month of January, I think we had 18 homicides during that month,” said Marion County Prosecutor Ryan Mears. “Fourteen of those were being investigated for self-defense, meaning that someone lost their life, and that case might ultimately be cleared. But that doesn't do anything for that family who lost someone."

https://www.facebook.com/The2AProje...like-hes-disappointed-that-v/728461222824218/

Thankfully we have pro-gun attorney Guy Relford (of "Tthe Gun Guy" radio show) in town.

The Marion County Prosecutor needs to be replaced.

Sometimes I wonder if they actually read this before they put it out.

Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County
    Indiana Prosecutor Laments That Self-Defense Laws Exist, Protect Defensive Gun Users <<<<< Link

In an interview that’s equal parts amusing and alarming, Indiana’s Marion County Prosecutor Ryan Mears recently lamented an increase in self-defense shootings in Indianapolis.

Mears also implied that defensive gun users who can’t be prosecuted are just as bad as the criminals they shot, simply by virtue of the fact that both parties were armed.

Have carry insurance with their number on speed dial. And make sure your spouse and kids know it also, just in case.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    “What's upsetting to me is, if you look at the month of January, I think we had 18 homicides during that month,” said Marion County Prosecutor Ryan Mears. “Fourteen of those were being investigated for self-defense, meaning that someone lost their life, and that case might ultimately be cleared. But that doesn't do anything for that family who lost someone."

"So, we're just seeing a significant increase in the number of self-defense cases because we're seeing too many situations where both parties are armed, where multiple parties are firing their weapons during these very simple disputes," said Mears.

This is the only quote from Mears I could find in the interview they referred to. I don't know what his attitude is but this doesn't sound like "lamenting the existence of self-defense laws" to me.

I have a hard time believing that 14 out of 18 homicides in Marion County are what we would consider legitimate self-defense. If the cost of having robust self-defense laws is that some bad guys get away with it, that's something we have to live with. But I don't blame the prosecutor for venting about it either. It sounds more like he's talking about disputes that didn't need to turn violent.

INgunowner

ARC Solutions
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    Henry County
    Mears is certainly garbage.
    However I would hardly say expressing disappointment at the loss of human life is the wrong response.

Clearly, on some level, even a moron like Mears understands the tragedy is a cultural disregard for your fellow man.

Top Bottom