• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    We are here precisely because American society is too fat and happy with their physical opiates and technological opiates to care about anything...

We have been talking about it for decades. The enemy has a strong foothold.

I do not advocate violence but I do advocate taking a stronger position. I’m tired of being on the defense.... we need some offense. 3 justices and Trump is not enough. They need all of us.... standing together; boldly.

What does it take? We’ve said “just wait and see” for too long. What’s the next step without using violence.... and let’s do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    What does it take? We’ve said “just wait and see” for too long. What’s the next step without using violence.... and let’s do it!

Breaking the rules (including social rules, not just laws) on a large enough scale to cause problems.
    Regulatory/Tax disobedience.

That's your real last stop before violence.

While a large number will scoff at the implication, Saul Alinsky laid out the ground work for how to foment a successful uprising without kinetic warfare, in "Rules for Radicals." And while he's a communist, the writings are applicable to any grass roots upheaval. You need to make life uncomfortable for the people above you, in a way that your peers find enjoyable and fun. I think Trump and his movement have made some small steps towards this, as the whinging and gnashing of teeth of those in high places over it seem to be good indication.

Last edited:

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    If you want a winning outcome, you'd want to basically nullify the federal government's authority in your state, and hope for a cascade of other states to do the same, as that's about the only way I see us getting out of this mess without losing more than we have.

This is the only solution I see too. States rights are being trampled by an ever-expanding .gov. I get that right now some of the states are encroaching more than the fedgov is, but you live in a ****ty state then. Every 4 (or 8) years, roughly 50% of the country doesn't feel represented cause their team isn't in office. The only way to have your voice heard is at the local level, I shouldn't be able to tell people in Wyoming or Maine how to live, and they shouldn't I. Each state needs to allow representatives to represent regardless of federal policy. We need to all quit arguing over divisive civil liberty issues and focus on real policy. Let states decide how they want to handle abortion, marriage law, cannabis, even guns. One set of rules does not work for 300 million people, I have been to LA and those people are from another planet! They couldn't even fathom that I build guns and shoot them just for fun. An AR to the is an assault weapon, but to someone with feral hogs it's a tool.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This is the only solution I see too. States rights are being trampled by an ever-expanding .gov. I get that right now some of the states are encroaching more than the fedgov is, but you live in a ****ty state then. Every 4 (or 8) years, roughly 50% of the country doesn't feel represented cause their team isn't in office. The only way to have your voice heard is at the local level, I shouldn't be able to tell people in Wyoming or Maine how to live, and they shouldn't I. Each state needs to allow representatives to represent regardless of federal policy. We need to all quit arguing over divisive civil liberty issues and focus on real policy. Let states decide how they want to handle abortion, marriage law, cannabis, even guns. One set of rules does not work for 300 million people, I have been to LA and those people are from another planet! They couldn't even fathom that I build guns and shoot them just for fun. An AR to the is an assault weapon, but to someone with feral hogs it's a tool.

Not to mention the needs of various states and regions of the country aren't even remotely similar. I don't mean on ideological grounds either.
    Their economies are all set up with a strong basis on various different things and almost need a different set of rules from other states.

The less autonomy the states have, the more this crushes the flexibility of their people and their economy to succeed.

A state with its main industry being a coastal port that builds ships for the military does not have the same needs as a rural farming state. And they both shouldn't be forced under the same regulations and rules, as a matter of compromise between each other, when they're a thousand miles apart.

The federal government guaranteeing individual freedoms to make sure that certain lines are not crossed is a good thing, but that should be the extent of it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Re: the highlighted part, that's one area that I would like to see universal rules in some cases at least (if not all). Think carry laws reciprocity.

ETA: The 2nd Amendment, being part of the Constitution, should apply equally, regardless of State laws. Which is to say there should be no infringement. But we all know that that ship has sailed.

As for the rest, spot on. :yesway:

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Re: the highlighted part, that's one area that I would like to see universal rules in some cases at least (if not all). Think carry laws reciprocity.

ETA: The 2nd Amendment, being part of the Constitution, should apply equally, regardless of State laws. Which is to say there should be no infringement. But we all know that that ship has sailed.

At the very least, when traveling, you should only have to comply with the laws of your residing state.

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne

I like the idea of reciprocity very much, and I think all gun laws should dial back to 1986, if not further, but again individual states should have the final say. Get the federal laws out of the way and let state policies prevail. Sometimes we lose, but that state sucks anyway. At least their constituents only control their state and not ours though.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    One way to decrease federal encroachment/influence is to stop accepting the monies they tie to various projects; that could be extended to avoiding State encroachment upon local activities. Could a school system function solely from local taxes? May need some bake sales to make the magic happen, but...

Top Bottom