So what are you guys looking for at the upcoming Indy 1500?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    If I go, Titegroup and/or Win231 or similar pistol powders. I'm desperate and I know I'm going to pay dearly if I can find it. As much as I hate to feed the scalpers, I've held off well over a year but haven't been able to restock and my supplies are GONE.

Also would be looking for other reloading stuff. Bullets, brass, the like if I can get a good deal. I've been able to order those parts of the cartridge without issue, so if the price is cheaper than ordering w/ shipping on a baggie of lead chunks, I'm in. Strangely enough, I'm starting to run low on brass. 2-3 years ago I bought 12,000 once fired mixed handgun brass. Sorted, cleaned, sold, loaded, shot, lost, gifted, and broke more than half of them already. So, if by some strange chance someone is selling a plastic drum of range brass for $200 again, I'll bite.

But mostly, I need powder. Badly.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    If I make it and if for a reasonable price, an M&P 9 (Full size) C.O.R.E..... However, haven't seen one in any stores lately so not getting my hopes up.

avcautoinc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    Free parking and $5.00 admission. Otherwise, count me out!

My fiance works at Q95 and she gets me free tickets, i usually get a bunch and hand them out before i get to the entrance, maybe you will get lucky and see me handing them out

piercedjp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I'll be looking for reloading components as well. It looks like I'll be in good company on that search based on some of the other posters.

Last edited:

kevinmuhle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Old guns,used guns,ammo I really miss the old days of the 1500 when there were few dealers and more people selling their curios and parts now its 300 gun shops selling the same shut at the same price

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If I go it will probably be Sunday morning. I'll probably be trying to find some 6.5mm projectiles, some small rifle primers and a case trimmer.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    IF I go it will be the first time in almost 3 years. I will just be browsing mostly. Maybe pick up a Dewey cleaning rod for my .17HMR and a new bore light. I fully expect it to be crowded, but I guess the crowds are what they are.

headleyj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Bloomington
    If I go...looking for a 11-87 premier 12 game w/ enhanced engraving and maybe a good 938 leather/kydex holster... like a crossbreed. Maybe ammo, but doubt ammo pans out, never does.

DoctorThunder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    My list is all over the map. I'll be looking for a deal on IMR 4895, a Lee .308 collet die, MREs, a rifle scabbard, and Froglube. If the price is right, I'd love to pick up a Ruger 10/22 Takedown as well. Like always, I'd never turn down a good deal on 9mm,.45, .223, or .308 brass.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Bulk .223, 9mm, and shotgun shells. Match grade .308. Glock 34 and mossberg 930 SP with pistol grip. To much stuff lol

Bradis has Federal XM193 and XM855 in good quantity right now. 9mm, 00Buck & pheasant as well. Save a lot & buy from them.

Match grade .308? At today's prices, I say build your own or find a friend who will build it for you...

I'm still going to the 1500 but mostly to look for curio type stuff.

Noway Jose

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Bradis has Federal XM193 and XM855 in good quantity right now. 9mm, 00Buck & pheasant as well. Save a lot & buy from them.

Match grade .308? At today's prices, I say build your own or find a friend who will build it for you...

I'm still going to the 1500 but mostly to look for curio type stuff.

Do you know the price? I've found that bradis has ammo in stock, but it's not at a great price. Usually .223/5.56 is at least $0.55 per round. Don't get me wrong, they've got some good prices around the store. However, ammo usually isnt one of them.

Top Bottom