So.. what are you reloading at the moment??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Still loading 45 acp, done with 9mm at present. Will be loading 6.5 creed moor, 6.5x284, and 308 next few weeks. Got a great deal on bulk hornady 140 gr .264 bullets so i figured i need to fill a couple cans. past week did a inventory again and have 50 cal cans of 9mm and 40 s&w i had stored . so i am pretty good on pistol for a while.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Beginning research for SRB-118 with heavy bullet soft cast loads in a 1951 Marlin .35 Remington, to wooosh them down range.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Just got 15# of Hoosier Bullets coated 147s. Time to break into my SPP stash a bit. Then it’s some 140rdfs over 46.2 of RL26 in Peterson SRP for my 6.5 for the 1000y match coming up, then some .223 for the XTC match after.

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    Just ordered another 2k of 9mm projectiles from Summit City Bullets.

So...Another 2000 reps at the reloading bench in the near future.

I was just looking into ordering more 9mm 124gr plated bullets and your post caught my eye. I looked at SCB website, and I've never loaded coated bullets. Is there much difference in load data between plated and coated? I like the difference in price.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I was just looking into ordering more 9mm 124gr plated bullets and your post caught my eye. I looked at SCB website, and I've never loaded coated bullets. Is there much difference in load data between plated and coated? I like the difference in price.

For the most part I've kept using the same recipes that I used for plated. In general I do not load things to the top end.

My approach to coated bullets is to start with lead reloading data. The plunk test and the throat length of the firearm often determines seating depth.

I performed a test for a reloader friend of mine who was getting a lot of fouling in his barrels (Glock) using coated bullets. I didn't see any significant fouling using the SCB coated bullets after 100 rounds with Titegroup in my CZ75.

With the SCB bullets I have to bell the mouths a little more to avoid scraping off the coating. The coating is not as tough as plating.

I have become a convert. Coated bullets for plinking are sufficient and satisfactory.

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    For the most part I've kept using the same recipes that I used for plated. In general I do not load things to the top end.

My approach to coated bullets is to start with lead reloading data. The plunk test and the throat length of the firearm often determines seating depth.

I performed a test for a reloader friend of mine who was getting a lot of fouling in his barrels (Glock) using coated bullets. I didn't see any significant fouling using the SCB coated bullets after 100 rounds with Titegroup in my CZ75.

With the SCB bullets I have to bell the mouths a little more to avoid scraping off the coating. The coating is not as tough as plating.

I have become a convert. Coated bullets for plinking are sufficient and satisfactory.

Appreciate the info, thanks!

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Fourth day of being sick. Yesterday I got bored and ended up depriming and ultrasound cleaning about 1000 9mm cases. All dry and put away now with the rest of the "ready" stash.

jbrubaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    Loaded my first 10 rounds of 6.5 Creedmoor. Using once-fired Federal cases from some GMM I shot, Fed 205 small rifle primers, Barnes 140gr Match Burner bullets. Going to do a 10-shot "ladder" test so I loaded 10 rounds, each charge 0.3gr above the last.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Loaded my first 10 rounds of 6.5 Creedmoor. Using once-fired Federal cases from some GMM I shot, Fed 205 small rifle primers, Barnes 140gr Match Burner bullets. Going to do a 10-shot "ladder" test so I loaded 10 rounds, each charge 0.3gr above the last.

what powder you burning? I have some match burners coming in mail, looking forward to shooting them.. so far my rifle likes bergers the best, burners are much more economical.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    6.5 Creedmoor using H4350 and 143 ELD-X. Last time out I finally nailed down some magic juju shooting .3 to .5 moa groups. Next will be 129gr Interlocks and Varget but will probably have to wait till Spring.

10 shots

Average
    Highest
    Lowest
    Ext. Spread
    Std. Dev

Top Bottom