Btown Rural

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It would seem that many on this site have survival training....or claim to. The first rule of survival is "DON'T PANIC."

Yet, when talking gun rights, politics, legislation, executive orders....it's full panic mode.
    - Panic buy, stuff you never really thought you needed
    - Panic, Obama is going to take over the gun industry and outlaw everything by himself......TODAY
    - Panic, believe every crazy rumor out there, banks not allowing you to use your money to buy guns, Sandy Hook was a gvt. conspiracy....
    - Panic call your legislatures- call good, acting like a raving fool- bad
    - Panic everything!

Panic never, ever made a situation better.

I prefer to think of it as a kick in the butt to do the things I should have anyway. :rolleyes: This little issue has opened my eyes, realizing that I should be better prepped, better trained, better armed.

Last edited:

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    These E.O.'s really do nothing. It is all chest pumping and posturing so that he can say "I did my part".

The only one that is questionable is the doctor asking patents if they have guns. To which my personal response would be "it is none of your damn business".

Now it is up to the Legislative process to see if an AWB, magazine limitation, or other matters go into effect, which I personally cannot see him getting the votes for. I do see a universal background check going into effect requiring all private to private sales go to through an FFL. Which isn't the end of the world, IMO. Not that I want that to happen, but it beats many alternatives. And I have to say that I've sold several guns face to face where even though I verified Indiana residence, I still was left wondering if the buyer could have passed a background check.

As the sun sets today, we have not lost anything IMO in terms of our 2nd Amendment rights ... we have not gained anything either though.

All that being said ... the man is still a turd. :poop:

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    These E.O.'s really do nothing. It is all chest pumping and posturing so that he can say "I did my part".

The only one that is questionable is the doctor asking patents if they have guns. To which my personal response would be "it is none of your damn business".

Now it is up to the Legislative process to see if an AWB, magazine limitation, or other matters go into effect, which I personally cannot see him getting the votes for. I do see a universal background check going into effect requiring all private to private sales go to through an FFL. Which isn't the end of the world, IMO. Not that I want that to happen, but it beats many alternatives. And I have to say that I've sold several guns face to face where even though I verified Indiana residence, I still was left wondering if the buyer could have passed a background check.

As the sun sets today, we have not lost anything IMO in terms of our 2nd Amendment rights ... we have not gained anything either though.

All that being said ... the man is still a turd. :poop:

My thoughts precisely.

It sounds like the EOs are going to be relatively innocuous. The concern I have is that universal background checks sets a dangerous precedent.

What happens when you are listed as "mentally unstable" because you still believe in God, or have spotted the AGW hoax or you are labeled a "bigot" for having traditional marriage values?

Presto-- you fail the "background check." No 2A for you!

RetiredSteve

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Don't know what's gonna happen but I do know the government has made some serious $$$$ quickly off the panic buying going on. Look at all the sales tax and excise tax that has been collected in the past few weeks. Many shops have sold more mom & guns since the CT shooting then they have in years.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sounds like a bunch of fluff. I call this a win for us, unless you just bought a $2000 Oly AR.

jooky52198

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Funny how the liberals were all against having armed guards or having any kind of guard with a gun on school grounds but now its # 12. They are all just freaking morons. Now we see if republicans have any backbone for the gun crap that will be handed down the Jan 22

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Sounds like it's all just strong suggestions to congress... nothing really all that major... granted, i missed most of it... oh, and the use of children as props makes me sick..

The price of cosmetic military style weapons and hi/cap mags just doubled.

gunsrfun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    I guess if they make it happen then we will all just follow the law and not sell FTF anymore.

Top Bottom